I need advise..

2 0 0

Hello,

I'm rolling out a second operation that's loosely connected to my existing store. I will be doing custom AOP sports gear. What is the best way to set this up? Do I need an entire store completely? How should I set up the exchange of money?

Example: 
A softball team contacts me to create and fulfill custom AOP jerseys for them. Each shirt will be a different number. I will do the art for each number and enter it manually on the back end of my store, but how should I take the money? Send them a paypal invoice? Have them venmo me? Any suggestions to set it up with shopify?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kris

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
325 32 71

Hi, Kris!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It's great to hear that you're expanding your business. What are you currently selling, and how do you plan on creating the custom AOP sports gear? Are you considering using a print-on-demand app to do so?

If your products are loosely connected, I would recommend sticking with a single store. This would not only save you money, but would also be much easier to manage. Going this route, you could add the custom products as products in your Shopify Admin. For example, you could simply create a product titled "Custom AOP Jersey".

When a customer views this product on your website, you could also give them the ability to customize it by using an app like Product Options and Customizer, Infinite Options, or Product Personalizer. All of these apps give you the ability to offer customers custom file uploads, dropdowns, text inputs, radio buttons, and checkbox options directly on your product pages, making it really easy to sell custom products. It sounds like using an app like this would be pretty useful for this side of your business. If you plan on offering other types of gear in addition to jerseys, you could also create products for "Custom Hats", "Custom T-Shirts", etc. 

Once you've created your custom products, you can separate them from existing products from by creating a collection for "Custom AOP Sports Gear". Then, you could add the collection to the main menu on your site, making it easy for customers to browse the custom AOP products. 

Now, when it comes to handling payments, you could choose to handle them the exact way that you do so with your current store, using the payment gateways you already have enabled. Would this work for you? If not, I'd love to know why. 

Alternatively, if you do end up opening another Shopify store, you can always make things easier by setting up a single login, which will allow you to seamlessly toggle between stores. It also means that you won't have to keep track of separate email addresses and passwords for each store and Shopify service that you use.

I hope this presents you with a couple of solid options to choose from and I'm curious to know what you think!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes