I need separate theme for mobile and desktop.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

My site is using the Turbo theme. I duplicated it and tried to publish the copied version as the mobile theme. I am doing so based on lots of Google search results. I want to exactly functionality  like my other store. I don't understand what I am missing. It's working fine with my other store but not with my new theme which is used turbo theme. I need solution ASAP.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

AwesomeScreenshot-Leota-Themes-Shopify-2019-07-02-12-07-96.png  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
55 0 46

What is it you're trying to do? You shouldn't need to publish a separate mobile theme. Turbo is a totally responsive theme, so if you publish it as your theme it should work across different devices.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3158 239 524

Hi @codeking,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Similar to what @Jason_Roberts is asking, can you just confirm exactly what you're looking to do, please? Do you want the mobile theme to look the exact same as the desktop theme? 

If this is the case, it's actually something which isn't possible, but not only that, it's not a great idea either. The main reason behind this is that it would require an entire site rebuild which could result in a loss of sales which aren't worth the effort of going through the process. Google is lowering search ranking for non-mobile friendly sites when people search from mobile. This will lower traffic from mobile significantly. If this is something you really want to do, your best bet would be to reach out to the theme developer directly (Who is Out of the Sandbox and you can contact them here) or a Shopify Expert

If it something else you are looking to do, would you be able to elaborate a little further on what exactly you're trying to do. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

@NickI just run an analysis of my store and I really need to focus on making it more mobile friendly. Is there a way to build it while leaving the desktop version as it is now? So for the mobile version I want to get rid of some buttons and change the order of appearance etc, but without affecting the desktop version. Thanks a lot.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3158 239 524

Hi @Rutger,

Each store is already mobile optimized and mobile-friendly. Each theme is different, so the mobile optimization will adjust based on what the desktop version of each theme is like. When you say, you'd like to:

Is there a way to build it while leaving the desktop version as it is now? So for the mobile version I want to get rid of some buttons and change the order of appearance etc, but without affecting the desktop version. 

Do you mean you'd like to edit the mobile version of your theme only and keep the desktop as is? If so, is there something specific you'd like to change? If you could also share what theme you are using, that would be great. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

@Nick wrote:

Hi @Rutger,

Each store is already mobile optimized and mobile-friendly. Each theme is different, so the mobile optimization will adjust based on what the desktop version of each theme is like. When you say, you'd like to:

Is there a way to build it while leaving the desktop version as it is now? So for the mobile version I want to get rid of some buttons and change the order of appearance etc, but without affecting the desktop version. 

Do you mean you'd like to edit the mobile version of your theme only and keep the desktop as is? ==>Yes, exactly. I am ok with the structure of the desktop version, but prefer to change the order of the sections on the mobile.

If so, is there something specific you'd like to change? If you could also share what theme you are using, that would be great.  ==> I have built my site with a template, which is a modified version of the Debut theme.

cozy.GIF

This is a screenshot of my site, which looks OKish on a desktop, however I want to focus on CRO for mobile and simplify it (which will hopefully also improve mobile page loading speed and thus SEO)

I want to test the following:

Point 1 either remove or lower on the page. The "buttons" of point 2 remove completely.

Regards, Rutger

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3158 239 524

Gotcha @Rutger.

Every theme is already mobile optimized regarding the speed of the mobile site. I'm not too sure altering it here would make it faster. What you're looking to do is very customized and I would not overly recommend it if I'm being perfectly honest. It could cause more hassle than it is worth in the long run and it would not be a simple, swap, and change. You would need to hire a third-party developer for this also. I would suggest looking at some Shopify Experts for this customization as it would be out of the scope of support for the Shopify theme support team. 

0 Likes