I need to change Instagram profile from personal to business from Facebook settings which doesn't work.

2 0 0

Hi Everyone-

I hope you can help me.  It seems like all of you have the same issue that I am dealing with.

I recently tried to set up instagram sales channel for my site.  I followed all of the steps.  Facebook shows my correct business page, but instagram is linking to my personal page instead of my business page.  Can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Thank You!

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3

If anyone is still stuck with this issue, I've managed to figure out what the problem was for me. Apparently my Facebook Store was not a shopping & retail store aned that's why it was deemed ineligible. I wrote a step-by-step guide on how I fixed the issue: https://www.shafquatarefeen.com/instagram-tag-products-shopify/

2 Likes
1 0 0

Did the original question ever get answered?  I'm getting the 'switch your instagram account to a business profile' message, when my account is already a business profile.  I can't find an answer in the reply stream.

0 Likes
1 0 7

In regards to the original question...

I did this and it worked for me!!

All the info above is also correct....make sure no countries or ages are restricted and make sure you have your Facebook Shop set up.

Other than that, this is what I did:

1.) turn your instagram back into a Personal Account

2.) Unlink instagram from facebook, through the facebook settings

3.) Link your instagram to your facebook again, through the facebook settings

4.) Since your instagram is now a personal account, once you link your instagram again to your facebook it will prompt you with an option to go ahead and turn your instagram into a Business account; agree, fill out the info...and that did the job form me!

Basically its turning your Instagram from a Personal Account to a Business Account through facebook itself, not through the instagram settings.

I hope this helps someone!

7 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

I followed the steps Ayah Collective posted, and eventually after a couple of weeks, was able to tag products! Long overdue, but thank you!

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

I am so f*cking happy, good man Cesar. Where are you in the world, I want to buy you a beer? SOLVED after 2 months of frustration in the Shopify/FB/Insta shopping channel wilderness.....

1 Like
1 0 0

Amazing Cesar! This seems to work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks a ton for this solution!! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I followed all the steps, How long will it take for the issue to be resolved?

0 Likes