I need to change my bank details

1 0 0
Hi Shopify support, i need to change my bank account so i can receive payments. But i can't renember my old bank account number to enter in so i can change to a new bank account? What do i do?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
634 46 65

Hi @Charco,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! 

This is a great question! In cases where a merchant is unable to confirm the current banking details on file, our Shopify Payments Support can assist by verifying ownership of the account and from there, they will be able to bypass the requirement for confirming the current banking details; allowing you to update the bank account without having to confirm the current details on file. 

Firstly though, here's a list of possible areas where you might be able to find your old banking information: 

• Void Cheque: A blank cheque issued from your bank which shows the banking details of the old account.
  • Online Banking: Log into your online bank account (if available) and look for an old online bank statement. 
  • Contact your bank: You could also contact your bank directly and request the banking details.
  • Paper statement from the bank: A previous paper statement from your bank should have the old banking information listed. 

If you are still unable to locate this information, I can pop an email your way and raise this further to our Shopify Payments Support for review or you can contact our Support 24/7 here if you would prefer. 

Please let me know how this goes and if there's anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help! 

Many Thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm a new store owner. When trying to change the payout bank account, I was required to input the old bank account details. The previous owner had provided such details but after inputting, the system said old account info didn't match what was on file. The previous owner then explained it might be due to some problems with his old debit card which required him to change to a new account, and he was not able to retrieve his old account info. He seems reluctant to go to his bank to check it for me. Is there a way you can help to register the new payout bank account without bothering the old bank account details?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I Need help with this same thing, I can not seem to get any help. I'm dead in the water.

No phone number to anyone to call for help. Let me know if you find anything out.

Thank you, Jill 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
634 46 65

Hi @Timho and @SuperSickGear,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I've merged your query to this post instead as @Charco asked a similar question during the past week or so. If you are unable to find the old bank account information as I've mentioned above, please contact our 24/7 Support via this link for assistance. Our Support will raise your query to our Shopify Payments team who will help verify your account in a different way so that you can update your banking information. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many Thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks Ted. It's all done now.

0 Likes