I need to delete a domain but cant reach the support

Highlighted
3 0 0

We bough a domain from shopify - Now we have another domain but don't want the other domain to work anymore if you type in the URL. 

Is this possible without deleting? And if not how we delete the domain we don't want anymore?

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
103 25 29

Hi @mobell,

You can simply remove or add the domain from Admin Dashboard "Online Store -->> Domain".

Thanks and Regards,
Webster

For Design, Development and custom changes Hire Me.
If your problem solved then Like & Accept this Solution.
Email ID: technicalvishvas@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi @VishvasMishra 

I can only click on "manage" in this section. When I do this I have the option to "transfer domain" or change "dns settings" - or delete subdomains but I want the URL not be affiliated to the Shopify Store anymore. 

In other posts online they said one should contact the support of Shopify but I can not find a mail or telephone number. Only the forum.

Kind regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
238 11 16

I have not tried to delete a domain on Shopify yet but I think it's impossible. Instead of deleting it, you can redirect (redirect 301 is better) it to your new domain and every time people access your old domain, they will be directed to your new domain. How to redirect? you can read this writing about creating URL redirect on Shopify.

Hope it helps!

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for your message @Edward-Newgate - but I want the opposite. People that visiting the old URL should not get to my store. Instead, see a blank page or something. I will search the internet for more possibilities as my inquiry might be a little special.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
238 11 16

If so, I think you should try to disconnect your domain to hosting, then when customers visit your website, they will get a notification about can access this website.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes