I payed 2 times with Paypal for a domain

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi I need help, I payed for a domain with my Paypal account (debit card) 2 times, and the payment got refunded both times. What can I do? My money hasn't been refunded to my account or card yet.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 39 83

Hello @edgarzamoram

Ren here from the Shopify support team, hoping to help clarify some things for you. 

It sounds like you attempted to purchase a Shopify domain using a debit card, do I have that right? At this time, the purchase of a Shopify domain can only be successfully made using a valid credit card. This is likely why you ran into this issue. 

When a refund is processed in this manner, it is processed as a reversal since it's returned immediately and processed within the same time period of the initial charge.

With a reversal of funds, the initial charged amount will be adjusted or the charge removed entirely, if a full refund was issued. You likely saw an initial authorized amount for the full amount, but after the reversal has settled it would be the amount minus the refund that appears on your statement, or in the case of a full refund, the charge removed entirely from your statement.

Some online banking applications (including mobile apps), have a hard time displaying this. I would recommend reaching out to your bank for further clarification. As for the domain, please try again using a credit card and you should be able to successfully make your purchase.

Let me know if I can help clarify any of that for you!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Ren7, I contacted support and it seems like the problem was that the domain I was trying to purchase is a premium domain. If I already found a normal domain I can purchase, can I still not purchase it using Paypal?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
525 39 83

Hello @edgarzamoram 

The only time PayPal would work to make a payment whether it's a domain or bill is if you're outside of the US in a country where it's been made available. Whereabouts are you located? Premium domains cost more as they're highly sought after. There is a chance it's already taken in that case.

Do you get an error message when you try? What seems to be happening? Any further details would be helpful!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes