I've made the changes and still no sales!

4 0 0

I reached out a few days ago, about how I can improve my store and get sales. I took all of the advice and tweeked my store. It looks a lot better now. However, I still didn't sale anything. As a matter of fact, as of today, I recieved far fewer views than I was before I fixed my store. I'm thinking it has to do with my marketing. So, I've started an instagram and have signed up for a few more social media outlets in regards to my hair weave/extension store. Which seems like it will be really hard getting a significant amount of followers. I have given my hair extension to 2 well known models in my area, who have a high following on instagram and youtube. One has agreed to review my hair and promote it on instagram, while the other has not responded yet. While I'm waiting for my instagram following to increase, I have not been able to find my store when I do a google search. Any advice as to how I can get my store to show up in google search? Please view my store and tell me what do you think I can do to help generate sales.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
348 67 112

Hey, Shanae!

Jason here from Shopify Support!

Your site looks great! Kodus to you spending the time tweaking your store, the effort shows. Knowing that you have started reaching out to local models with your products, that's a fantastic initiative on your part. Here is a great resource on how to drive traffic to your store. I would encourage you keep reaching out to Instagram influencers (not only the local ones) and following the guide for more options than only utilizing Instagram.

This is a great time to start your next step in the digital marketing world. There are few steps you need to take in order for your store to show up on Google search engine and improve your site's search engine optimization (SEO).

1. You need to verify your domain with third-party services.
2. Once your domain is verified by Google, you need to submit your sitemap to them.
3. One of the organic ways to improve your SEO is to create a blog on your site. By updating your blog content, it will encourage Google to crawl your sitemap. This, in turn, will improve your position on the ranking in the search engine.

The next thing I would recommend is potentially dabbing into Facebook ad marketing. Here at Shopify, we have an entire blog section dedicated to this topic. Also, if you have not yet done so, I encourage you looking into our academy. There are free courses targeting on the how to market your store on both Instagram and Facebook. Wishing you great success on the marketing journey.

I hope that information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
50 1 5

Hey Shanae,

I can understand how frustrating it is to make no sales as a business owner. Two things I'd like to help you with:

1. With regard to the Instagram following, this blog should be a guide to help you. 
  2. The very first step to every successful SEO campaign is On-page optimization. This should be tackled before considering off-page SEO. Check out this app to help your site's on-page. 

Lastly, I checked your website and it looked pretty cool till i noticed one thing. I think the text colour in the attached image should be considered. Part of conflicts the background colour.

Hope I helped,

Naana.

0 Likes