I want to add files to my shopify store, but I want "pretty" file paths. How can this be done?

18 0 0

I'd like to make various files (product images, pdf product brochures, etc available to my customers and dealers.

When I add a file, it gives me a big, long ugly shopify URL, like:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/12345/1234/files/bblur2-ps_600x600.png?v=1550412349

1.  Is there some sort of alias I can use with my own domain so it looks better and so I'm giving out my website name instead of shopify?  e.g. mydomain.com/files/12234 

2.   Is there some other way to do this, for example have a repository of files on the website?

I know that I could use a bit.ly shortener, but that's not the greatest, as it still expands to the large ugly URL.  Plus, I want customers & dealers to see something professional, like me hosting my own files!

Any other ideas?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 5

Nope.

Shopify doesn't even allow to retain the original file names when uploading files to their repository and automatically renames them in case they don't satisfy a certain naming convention. It can be a pain when you have to reference files stored on shopify for an upload.
The only workaround I can think of is to register another domain that is similar to your shop's domain, pay for hosting and store the files there but it costs more money than it's worth. Most customers don't care about URL-s.

0 Likes