I want to change my Store Currency from USD to PHP

1 0 0

I want to change my Store Currency from USD to PHP . Since I have my first sale, I cannot return it to PHP currency. I am currently here at Philippines and only do LOCAL SELLING. so please return my store currency . my store is www.aglako.com . 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
338 35 59

Hi, @Dan1105 !

This is something our support team can enable for you. Before we're able to do that, we want to run a few things by you since changing the store's currency after making sales can have some impact on some different features around the platform:

- Reporting: With flip flopping between currencies, our reporting doesn't factor in the difference between currencies. So if you had $500 USD processed, that would show as $500 in reports. Say next day you switch to PHP, the report would still read as $500 for previous processing. Since 1 PHP is not equal to 1 USD, the reports in theory will be wrong going forward.

- Product Pricing: Since the dollar amount between currencies is not the same, a product price’s value, could mean something different if currency is adjusted and impact your margins. Ex - 20 PHP, is not equal to $20 USD. Refunds processed after a currency change will also be affected by the currency change.

- Apps: Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing selling currency. If you need to know how changing selling currency will affect your apps, you should reach out to the App partner to clarify before changing your selling currency.

- Gift Cards: Gift cards with remaining balances in the old selling currency will not work once the selling currency of the store has been changed.

If this is all information you understand, please let me know here. From there I can get you authenticated and enable the ability for you to change the selling currency from USD to PHP.

All the best!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes