I want to change the currency on my Shopify store from EGP to USD.

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I want to change the currency on my Shopify store from EGP to USD. Keep the price the same but make the currency USD instead of EGP. I just imported my CSV data from my Etsy shop and all the prices are now in EGP when it should be the same but in USD instead. Please help. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
220 24 30

Hi, @!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

I can certainly help you change the currency of your store. Have you made your first sale on Shopify yet? If so, the currency change feature is going to be locked.

The reason why the feature to change the currency is locked after making your first sale is to give us an opportunity to explain the impact it may have on your business. Here are a few things to consider:

• First, your reporting will not be accurate going forward. The reports will show a number reflected in a single currency - the one you change it to. Since 1EGP does not equal to 1USD, the reporting will be inaccurate.
  • You will need to reconsider your product pricing to account for the exchange rate after your currency change. If you wish to keep the number value the same, then that is completely your decision. However, I would suggest noting the conversion rate between EGP and USD to ensure that you are comfortable with the difference.
  • Some apps may have limitations when it comes to changing the selling currency. If you believe one of your apps may be affected, I suggest contact the app developers for more context on the impact.
  • Refunds processed after the currency change will also be affected.

With all that being said, do you still wish to move forward with the currency change? If so, I can unlock the feature for you via email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
Hello, Rose! I didn't make my first sale on Shopify yet. I imported my sales which were in USD on Etsy to Shopify. and now they are shown in EGP instead of USD which makes it inaccurate so please fix that. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. 
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
220 24 30

Thanks for getting back to me and for that context.

I'll be happy to help you with this. First, I will need to authenticate you as the owner of the account via email. I will be contacting you shortly.

Cheers! 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey, Rose! It Has been over a week, and I haven't received any solution yet. Please don't automate the response. I need a human who can help. You said first you would need to authenticate me as the owner and then what. Where is the instruction that I should follow for you to authenticate? I really started to hate Shopify. Please help me as soon as possible. I want to change the currency on my Shopify store from EGP to USD. I didn't make my first sale on Shopify yet. I imported my sales, which were in USD on Etsy to Shopify. And now, they are shown in EGP instead of USD, which makes it inaccurate, so please fix that. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
220 24 30

This is an accepted solution.

Thanks for getting back to me. I completely understand your frustration here and hope to resolve this as soon as possible for you.

As mentioned in my previous post, I had to move our conversation to email so I may authenticate you as the owner of your account. Shortly after, I sent you an email asking for your store credentials so I may authenticate you and access your store to walk you through the steps to change your store's currency. Please be sure to check your spam folder for my email - I will send you a second one shortly in hopes that it reaches you this time. 

With that being said, if you haven't made your first sale yet, you can change your currency under Settings > General > Store Currency. Without taking a deeper look into your account, I cannot confirm any further details but generally speaking, those are the steps to follow. If the function is blurred and it says to contact support, we can solve this over email in my next reply. 

In any case, I will send you a second email in case you run into any issues moving forward. That way, I can safely access your account and take a look at the back end settings for you. We'll be able to work through things together and you'll have direct access to contact me. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you so much, Rose! I really appreciate your time helping me with my issue. Everything is fixed now. Thank you again and I wish you a very great day. Best wishes.

1 Like