I was charged for shopify but i was unable to cancel my store/remove my payment details.

Outlanderz12
3 0 0

i was unable to remove my payment details and cancel my store before my trial time elapsed and i subsequently was charged for the monthly shopify bill

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Hi, @Outlanderz12,

Hank here from Shopify.

When you have a trial with Shopify, you should not have been charged unless you selected a paid plan, and the trial itself had ended.

I do understand the bill shock that can occur, especially when you are not expecting an invoice, regardless of the amount.

However, if you have closed your store, we may be able to issue a refund to you if the charge was made within the past 30 days. Note that domain charges are non-refundable, and any third-party app charges will need to be referred to the app developer to approve.

If you have closed your store and want to query a refund, let me know and I will look into this further for you!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Outlanderz12
3 0 0

Thanks hank i would like to have a refund because i have now been able to close down my store

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Thank you for confirming that for me!

As this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

0 Likes
Simon_Abildgaar
2 0 1

Hello Hank!

My name is Simon, and i Experience the same problem as the person who sent you this question. I was charged suddenly after i had closed my store. I hope it is possible that i can get a refund as well. My store is closed now, but i hope to get my money back because of my decision to leave shopify. 

Best Regards

Simon

0 Likes
Hank
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 120 169

Thank you for reaching out here on the Community forums about this, @Simon_Abildgaar.

Sorry to hear you have decided to leave Shopify, was it an issue pertaining to sales, or is it a case that you just do not wish to proceed with the store currently? I can certainly do my best to help with any roadblocks that may occur.

However, as you have already closed your store, I will certainly take a closer look at this for you. Now as this is account specific, I will just need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forum's account and confirm some security questions about your store.

Once you reply to that email, I will look into this further for you.

0 Likes
Simon_Abildgaar
2 0 1

Thank you so much.