I was perusing the site to get information only and suddenly I have a free trial. I am not ready

Highlighted
3 0 0

I was just clicking on the site to get info on how Shopify works and suddenly I am signed up for a free trial. I assume this means I am AI illiterate and now I have this free trial that I am not ready to set up and use. I have no photos of my products, they are still in the "curing" stage etc. The trial will expire and so will I be able to access another trial when I am actually prepared, or am I out of luck?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 7 10

Hi, @ravenscraig!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

If you're not quite ready to start on Shopify yet, that is totally understandable. This may be a great opportunity however for you to get acquainted with the Shopify platform, and see if it will be the right fit for your business once you're ready to take the next steps! As long as you haven't selected a plan, or entered any billing information, then once the trial expires the account will become frozen. A frozen store can be re-activated by logging in, choosing a plan, and paying for the first subscription fee.

If you have chosen a plan and entered billing details, or if you simply wish to close the shop you created for peace of mind, you can follow our steps here on closing your Shopify account. If you decide to close the account for now, and want to start fresh once you're ready to sign up, you can definitely start a new 14 day free trial. Additionally, it will be no problem to use the same email address when signing up again. 

I'm curious to hear more about the products you're planning to sell! Feel free to reply here and tell me some more about your business idea. I'm also happy to answer any further questions you may have. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you! I am relieved to hear this :)

What I do is... I go out in the forest and wildcraft and forage botanicals
and medicine herbs which I infuse with particular oils, then create skin
care. Too many giant cosmetic companies are using harmful products and the
consumer is becoming more educated and protesting this. However, now there
is an explosion of cottage industry soapers manufacturing "natural"
products which unfortunately means they are no more than shopping online
for ingredients and essential oils, then combining them and stamping them
"natural". I am completely old school and therefore my products are being
sought after more and more, to the point where I started attending markets
and venues but found that tedious. I have a relative in the e-commerce
market and he strongly suggested I research this avenue so here I am!

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Yesterday I received an email from a Pam Koslowski, purporting to be a rep from Peter Stone Jewelry, asking me to fulfill an order for a Celtic Knot ring to ship so a person named Brigette in Paris, thru Shopify. I dont  think that Peter Stone Jewelry would make such an error? That has me very concerned... that such errors are possible or in the alternative, that I have been opened up to hacking Forgive me if I sound paranoid but a hacker cleaned out my bank account and bought bit coins with my entire  savings. Wasnt caught either. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
91 7 10

Hi, @ravenscraig!

I'm happy I could offer some relief.

Your business sounds absolutely incredible, and I appreciate your passion for your work. I look forward to seeing your products on a Shopify store! 

In regards to the email you received the other day, I totally appreciate your concerns. If you're unfamiliar with the sender of an email, and the contents seem to not be relevant to you, it's best to ignore such emails as they could potentially be phishing attempts. Whenever an email like that is received, it's best practice to not open any links within the email, and not download any attachments. 

If you ever believe you've received a phishing email, we kindly ask that you download the original email using these step by step instructions, and send that as an attachment to safety@shopify.com. We can then investigate these cases further on our end. Here is some more information on phishing, and how to protect your account against phishing attempts.

Additionally, I like to recommend users enable two factor authentication, as this provides a more secure login process and helps keep your account safe.

Let me know if there are any further questions I can assist you with. I'm happy to provide any further guidance you may need on your journey with Shopify!

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes