ID Verification Issue

Solved
RebeccaKate6
2 0 0

Hi there. I recently set up my Shopify store. I’m currently still on my free trail but I will be continuing with the basic plan as I find Shopify very useful and essential to my business. I have tried numerous times to verify my ID but it still comes back as not valid. Also when I search my shop online it is no where to be found! Is this because I haven’t verified my ID or because I’m still on a free trail? 
Any help will be greatly appreciated! 

Many thanks,

Rebecca.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

Hi, @RebeccaKate6

Can you confirm that your images are: 

1. Showing the full ID - If the corners are cut off, or if you've not included the full document, then the ID will be rejected. 

2. That the image is clear and free of distortion - If there is a glare on the image, or if the image is not clear, then the ID will be rejected

If you have confirmed that you are taking full, clear images of your ID and you're still unable to verify the ID then let me know. 

As for your store being searchable, it can take Google up to 90 days to crawl the internet for new information which is why it doesn't clearly appear when you try to search the store on search engines. When you finished designing your store, and have fully launched your store, then you can submit a sitemap to ensure Google updates their end. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
RebeccaKate6
2 0 0
Hi Peter.
Thank you for the information regarding my question on google search. As for my ID I have followed all the steps but still to no avail.
0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

@RebeccaKate6 

Thank you for letting me know. I have sent you an email to verify the store. Once you have replied with the requested information, I can take look into why your ID is being rejected. 

0 Likes
Erniewornie
1 0 0

Hi 
I am having the same Id verification issue even though I have submitted clear copies. Kindly help.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

This is an accepted solution.

@Erniewornie 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

0 Likes