ID Verification Issues

katedanielladay
4 0 0

I started a Shopify store under 18 because I did not realise you had to be 18 or over to open a store. Shopify has been asking me to submit documents to verify my account information. So I added my mum as an employee and then transferred the account ownership to her. My plan was for my mum to submit her ID and then everything would be fine.

However, it still says my name (see second photo attached), which would obviously not match my mum's ID. How do I change the name to my mum's name?

Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
175 21 16

Hi @katedanielladay!

This is Lana from Shopify. 

I just wanted to confirm for you that it is true that you have to be over 18 to be an account owner of a Shopify store - and you did take the right steps in transferring the store ownership to your parent until you turn 18 yourself.

It looks like you must have set up Shopify Payments in your name before you did the transfer, which is why you are now getting the error on the name verification. This is not something that you're able to change yourself in the admin settings, but it is something my team can look into for you and help make the change.
For this, could you please get in touch with our support here so that we can take a look? You will need to go through that link just because at the moment we are unable to look into your account details via the Shopify Community.

You mentioned that you have just started your business - how is it going for you so far? If you're still setting up, it might be helpful for you to take a look at our Shopify Blog article on The Store Launch Checklist which goes through all the things you need to do before you launch. It's good to have something to follow especially if you're new to this! 
Do let me know a little bit more about your store and products, that way I will be able to see if there is something else I can advise here also!

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me here.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes