ID Verification Problems

Highlighted
1 0 0

Dear Shopify support team,

I keep receiving notes from Shopify and asked to "Verify identity" regarding our Shopify Payments account.

I submitted different documents that prove our identity, but still receiving these notices

Can we get help with this issue, because we do not know why submitted documents are not valid?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 8 35

Hey, @saagonoy.

I appreciate you connecting with us on Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I wanted to follow-up with you to ensure you got the support you needed with this. There are some general guidelines we recommend with uploading documentation to help make sure that our system is able to read and upload your information. This includes:

• Photo ID should be government-issued
  • Name on the Photo ID must match the name we have on file for the Account Owner
  • Must be a clear, in colour, copy of your ID
  • No portion of the ID must be cropped out

Following these guidelines helps make sure that our system does not automatically reject the documentation. Once we receive the file through the secure upload, we are able to manually verify the details in accordance with our banking partners. 

Tip: It's super important that you upload all requested documentation through the Shopify Admin. This way your data remains safe and securely encrypted for underwriting purposes. 

Please don't hesitate to touch base with me if you have any further questions, or if I can provide further support.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello, 

I have the same verification issue and have been trying for more than 1 month & till now it's not verified. Would you please help me fix this issue because I should start my store within the next month?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 8 35

Hi, @mohammed-ezzat!

I appreciate you reaching out in this community thread. I would love to help you out as best I can today. You mentioned you have been trying to resolve this for a month already, so I wanted to ask if you have been in touch with our support team at all? If so, do you have any ticket numbers you can reference for me?

Furthermore, are you able to grab me screenshots of the error you are seeing, or any other examples you can provide. Then I can start to dig deeper and find out what the root cause might be here.

I look forward to connecting,

0 Likes
4 0 0

I am another user with the same problem, I have paid for shopify 30 dollars and I have not been able to use it for a week or a couple of days, so I am losing subscription time, I have sent mail to the technical service here is the ticket number: 19613217. I leave the problem attached with a photo error.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello Olivia,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, I contacted the support team via online chat. And they asked to upload a utility bill. But I already uploaded it and it’s still the same problem. 

You can find attached the error screenshot. 

9CA3A1FE-5C80-4551-B005-DD458465EA19.png

1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0
The same happens to me

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 8 35

Thanks for the update, @mohammed-ezzat.

I will need to verify your info to discuss the details of your account and most recent chat with our team. I have sent you an email, and I'd be glad to continue chatting with you there for your security and privacy. Please get back to me via email

---

Hi, @Gato!

Thanks for sending that screenshot and sharing your ticket number with me. For security purposes I cannot discuss the contents of your ticket with you here, but I have also sent you an email update where I can provide support in English. Please check your inbox.

---

As the Community Forums are not a regularly monitored area by Shopify Employees it would be best to reach out to our support via chat, or on social media via Facebook or Twitter for more immediate support. Doing so will ensure your issue is reviewed in a timely manner, and create a better user experience for you overall. Due to this, I will be blocking all new replies to this thread. 

Happy selling! 

0 Likes