ID Verification...can I list the business as an entity instead?

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there,

Our website is for a school uniform shop and I've had a notification to add the School Executives ID, otherwise payments will be stopped.

Is there a way I can list the school as an entity and remove the individual school executive? He doesn't 'own' the school and it seems a bit strange to have to put his personal details in.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 102 249

Hey there, @AJHG 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I have reached out directly to our Shopify Payments team regarding this to get absolute clarity as this is a pretty strange one! So, while I understand that this is a school and not technically a business that is owned by any one person, our banking partners still need a representative of the school to be named on the account and submit the IDs required. This can be updated prior to uploading the IDs if you wish to name someone other than who is named currently. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi Bo,
Thanks for your reply.
The school would like an alternative to this, what do you suggest?
Is there a number I can call someone on to discuss this further?

Kindest,

Aimee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1066 102 249

Hey again, @AJHG 

There would be no way to work around this, it is one of the base requirements made by our banking partners in order to use Shopify Payments, no exceptions are made. 

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I got the same notification. but account shut down in a few days. Good luck. We provided legal company info but still declined. Have no idea why.

0 Likes