Solved

IMAGE URL HOW TO GRAB FOR CSV FILE?

flypitcher
Excursionist
13 1 5

I want to create a csv file for uploading products.

I have 100 images saved for different products  in files.

I know I can go to each individual one and copy and paste the URL into my csv file.

I do not want to do that.

I know I can make a product listing, add 100 images to it, then export the product listing file onto a csv, then I would get the URL list of the 100. ( I am tyring that now but it is taking time

I do not want to do that.

I want to be able to grab the urls  direct from the files folder and download into a csv..

Anyway to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (2)

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

This is an accepted solution.

Hi - Have a look at the Chrome plugin I mentioned here https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Need-help-in-downloading-the-image-urls-from-files-se...
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Owner of Neuralcandy Shopify Agency

View solution in original post

flypitcher
Excursionist
13 1 5

All  good Jon, strangely I used that ext. for something else years ago.

To those who find it not working, log out of products or refresh the page before using the extension.

View solution in original post

Replies 17 (17)

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

Hi - Have a look at the Chrome plugin I mentioned here https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Need-help-in-downloading-the-image-urls-from-files-se...

flypitcher
Excursionist
13 1 5

All  good Jon, strangely I used that ext. for something else years ago.

To those who find it not working, log out of products or refresh the page before using the extension.

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

Glad it worked for you.

andrewralph
Tourist
3 0 1

Great solution but this only allows 50 at a time even if i flick the switch inside the workshop for paged tables, has anyone else experienced this?

Andrew

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

@andrewralph In the table capture extension:

1 - Once you have selected the table on the 1st page (i.e. selected first n files)

2 - Set 'Dynamic Tables' to on

3 - Set 'Toggle Auto-Scrolling' to on

4 - Then click through the pages using the arrows at bottom of Files screen

5 - You should then see your Preview Data rows count go up accordingly

andrewralph
Tourist
3 0 1

I didn't realize the "toggle auto scrolling" was a button to select....works perfectly! Exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks Jon

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362
No problem

Aleon
Shopify Partner
32 0 3

Good day,

I tried to upload a csv file with more than 700 products, i copied the URL with Table Capture as you explained. But when i upload the products not all of them get the image asigned. 

I already checked some products URL's comparing the info from Shopify-Files with the URL from my excel and it is the same. For example:

From Shopify:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0258/6496/2099/files/TDDT.jpg?v=1589876090

From my excel:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0258/6496/2099/files/TDDT.jpg?v=1589876090

What could be the problem?

Thank you for your help.

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

@Aleon sounds like it's more of an issue with the CSV import process rather than the table capture download. The built in CSV import process can be a bit flakey. Only thing you could try is to use Excelify to do the products upload, there is a cost (you can uninstall it once finished with it) but it's a lot more reliable and powerful.

Other than that, try the native import again and see if it picks up the missing ones.

Aleon
Shopify Partner
32 0 3

Good day, 

I will try de addon, thank you.

MontanaSagrada
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks JonWright!!!!  This is awesome that you shared this free and super useful solution. I really appreciate it!  Have an Awesome Day!

JonWright
Shopify Partner
818 123 362

@MontanaSagrada No problem, glad it helped you out.

amanns
Excursionist
17 0 4

I don't know if this solution is still usable. The LINK URL table on the files page has been replaced with a button that copies to URL to your clipboard. Is there any way to revert it to the old layout?

celeste16
Excursionist
14 0 6

I'm in the same hot water...I loved using table capture and now I'm screwed with the new button thing. Praying there is a work around. I contacted shopify today and they didn't have any answers for me.

celeste16
Excursionist
14 0 6

Talked to the maker of the Table Capture (George) - he was awesome!! I emailed him and he met with me over zoom like the next day. So the current work around you can do is the following:

- open up the Table Capture

- select the pencil next to "settings" in the left corner 

- check the "Extract image and icon attributes" box

- do the regular copy/paste in an excel/google sheet

- the url that will be copied is actually the thumbnail version of the main picture. BUT you can get the full one by doing a find & replace in excel (or google sheets) for "_60x60" and replace it with nothing. Basically taking out the "_60x60" will give you the image url to the full image. 

BOOM. fixed. So help me, I hope shopify doesn't break it again. I was in full blown panic mode because I have thousands of photos to do. 

abdufaiz
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi ..

This is exactly what I did earlier, and it worked for me

keeks95
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

*Confirmed Working Method* - Just did this a few minutes ago and worked like a CHARM.

Since Shopify does not appear to want to help its customers whatsoever with the simplest of tasks like this export, we're on our own folks! After hours of trying to figure this out, here is a FREE way to pull & download every single link:

• Install GraphiQL App for free
  • Be sure to tick 'Select All' in case you want to modify this query for future use

If you need to pull/download MORE than 200 product links, stay here. Otherwise, skip to the bottom of this.

• Open a query and copy/paste the red text below:

mutation {
bulkOperationRunQuery(
query: """
{
files (query:"created_at:'$created_at'") {
edges {
node {
... on MediaImage {
image {
id
url
}
}
}
}
}
}
"""
) {
bulkOperation {
id
status
}
userErrors {
field
}
}

• Depending on how many you need to pull, this could take a min, but it should be pretty fast. I had to pull ~25,000 and it completed in a minute or two (it's very quick!!).
  • Next, run this query to actually DOWNLOAD the file:

query {
currentBulkOperation {
id
status
errorCode
createdAt
completedAt
objectCount
fileSize
url
partialDataUrl
}
}

• If you see 'Completed' with the Status line, then you're ready to download!
  • Copy the very long URL link you see a few lines below
    • keeks95_0-1684042396936.png

• This is a JSONL file, which can easily be opened/copied in Notepad or as a TXT file and then into Excel/GoogleSheets
  • Once you successfully download the file, it will have both the file name and the corresponding URL.
    • You will need to do you own extraction of the link itself (i.e. use Excel to get the value before/after the "url:"
    • Be sure to mass-delate all of the '\'  so you have a working URL link

NOTE: If you want the  altText, height & width of the images along with the Name/URL, just add them as extra lines below the other options you are pulling.

If you need to pull/download LESS than 200 product links, follow below

• Open a query and copy/paste the blue text below:

{
files (first:200, query:"created_at:'$created_at'") {
edges {
node {
... on MediaImage {
image {
id
url
}
}
}
}
}
}

• This will retrieve the first 200 images in your Files/Content section, so if you have more than 200 there, use the first set of instructions.
  • You will need to do the copy/pasting/extracting from there.

Hope this is able to help someone so you aren't spending countless hours like I have on the most basic of tasks. Perhaps Shopify will listen to its customers in the future. Good luck 🙂