IMAGE URL HOW TO GRAB FOR CSV FILE?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

I want to create a csv file for uploading products.

I have 100 images saved for different products  in files.

I know I can go to each individual one and copy and paste the URL into my csv file.

I do not want to do that.

I know I can make a product listing, add 100 images to it, then export the product listing file onto a csv, then I would get the URL list of the 100. ( I am tyring that now but it is taking time

I do not want to do that.

I want to be able to grab the urls  direct from the files folder and download into a csv..

Anyway to do that?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
684 101 208
Hi - Have a look at the Chrome plugin I mentioned here https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Need-help-in-downloading-the-image-urls-from-files-se...
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
8 1 1

All  good Jon, strangely I used that ext. for something else years ago.

To those who find it not working, log out of products or refresh the page before using the extension.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
684 101 208

Glad it worked for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Great solution but this only allows 50 at a time even if i flick the switch inside the workshop for paged tables, has anyone else experienced this?

Andrew

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
684 101 208

@andrewralph In the table capture extension:

1 - Once you have selected the table on the 1st page (i.e. selected first n files)

2 - Set 'Dynamic Tables' to on

3 - Set 'Toggle Auto-Scrolling' to on

4 - Then click through the pages using the arrows at bottom of Files screen

5 - You should then see your Preview Data rows count go up accordingly

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

I didn't realize the "toggle auto scrolling" was a button to select....works perfectly! Exactly what i was looking for.

Thanks Jon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
684 101 208
No problem
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Good day,

I tried to upload a csv file with more than 700 products, i copied the URL with Table Capture as you explained. But when i upload the products not all of them get the image asigned. 

I already checked some products URL's comparing the info from Shopify-Files with the URL from my excel and it is the same. For example:

From Shopify:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0258/6496/2099/files/TDDT.jpg?v=1589876090

From my excel:

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0258/6496/2099/files/TDDT.jpg?v=1589876090

What could be the problem?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
684 101 208

@Aleon sounds like it's more of an issue with the CSV import process rather than the table capture download. The built in CSV import process can be a bit flakey. Only thing you could try is to use Excelify to do the products upload, there is a cost (you can uninstall it once finished with it) but it's a lot more reliable and powerful.

Other than that, try the native import again and see if it picks up the missing ones.

0 Likes