IMO, Shopify should never change the main stat we see in the control panel to show "SINCE FRIDAY"

2 0 0

On Black Friday weekend, Shopify changes the control panel so that the first figure we see is sales for "Since Friday," as opposed to today's sales. I don't think this is helpful. 

If you're like me, you check your Shopify stats a lot. You are used to seeing it one way, where the first number you see reflects sales for the day. We are conditioned to see one thing, so it's weird to just temporarily change it to something else and then change it back. Even though it's Black Friday weekend, the stat we are mainly interested is probably today's sales figures.

If anything, they should add the "Since Friday" stat as an alternative tab that you can click, but keep the default as today's stats. 

It's a minor thing but I remember the same from last year. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
204 15 30

Hi, @michael02

Thank you for reaching out about that, I can definitely see how that could be frustrating. I've passed this on to the appropriate team so that they're aware of your feedback. Thanks for letting us know!  

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks! Also what is a bit weird is that it says "Since Friday," but it still only displays my sales for the day, which I think is a bug.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
204 15 30

Hi, @michael02

Thanks for letting me know! That may have been due to a delay we were experiencing this weekend with the analytics. This has now been resolved; would you mind checking in an incognito tab to see if you see the same error there? 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 

- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes