Id verification

1 0 0

Hello, My name is Alex and I wanted to setup a personal shopify business. I have done everything required for the store to be open but it asks me for id and address verfication. For the ID verification, I have tried with my EU passport, UK provisional license and with my oyster card and none of them work.

for the address I have tried with a bank statement as it has my full name and address on it but it still says that they couldn’t identify me. Please help

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
934 66 151

Hi, @Alex20031 

It's possible that upon sign up, you entered some personal information incorrectly. 

In order to determine why verification is failing, I will need to have a close look at your account. 

For authentication purposes, I've sent you an email with the subject line "Shopify Support - Verification". 

Please respond to the email at your convenience and I can look into this further for you. 

If anyone else experiences this issue, please reach out to our support directly by following these steps: 

• Enter your question in the router 
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page and select 'continue' under 'Get Support'
  • Choose your preferred method of support (web callback, live chat, email, Twitter)

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes