If I close my store can I re-open it later?

shungaboy
2 0 0

I recently created and paid for an account but have decided that I want to launch a different store first. If I close the first store now, will I be able to re-claim the current myshopify liquid URL in the future if it hasn't been taken by someone else? It will probably be one year or more before I re-launch so I don't want to continue paying to put the store on "pause." I already own both dot com domains, bought through godaddy. Thanks,

0 Likes
Elle_old
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 30

Hi Shungaboy,

Stephanie here from Shopify's Guru Team!

You can absolutely re-open your store after you've closed it; however, we cannot guarentee that your information will still be there after an entire year 

With that said, if you already own a unique domain it doesn't have to be tied to a .myshopify.com URL that is the same, Your .myshopify.com URL will not be visible to your customers if your primary domain is your unique domain. It also will not be indexed by Google :)

Hope this helps clear things up! If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support!

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
shungaboy
2 0 0

To clarify, I understand that if I use my own domain, the .myshopify.com URL is only used for internal coding and navigation. They could me mystore1, mystore2, etc for that matter. Is that correct?

Thank you, Stephanie!

0 Likes
Sylvanswireless
1 0 0

I will reopen my store

0 Likes