If you add your own product to cart, will it show up as an add to cart in your statistics?

Highlighted
Tourist
44 0 3

Hey everyone, 

So I was adjusting my site today, and I added a product to cart and was checking out to see what everything looks like.

My dashboard shows me that we got 1 add to cart and 0 reached checkout. Was that 1 add to cart me?

I'm just wondering because can't someone just spam add their own stuff to cart every day and make their site look better than it is i.e. when trying to sell it?

Is there a way to exclude my IP so it doesn't effect this stuff?

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
63 0 9

Hey, Sunil!

My name is Alice and I'm a part of the Guru team here at Shopify, and I'd be happy to help you out with this query about traffic and statistics on the store.

Currently, there is no way to exclude your own IP address from the Shopify traffic reports;  so the recommended alternative is to look into Google Analytics

Shopify actually has step-by-step instructions on how to set up and integrate Google Analytics with Shopify, and once you've gotten started using Google Analytics, you can follow their steps on excluding internal traffic, which not only shows you how to exclude individual IP addresses, but subnets of IP addresses as well (if necessary, of course). It's a super-useful and informative tool to have available anyway, so it's worth checking out!

If you have any other questions or need any help setting up Google Analytics, please let us know and we'd be happy to help out! ?

0 Likes