Image size in order to get a better speed

mezure-paris
1 0 0

Hello, 

From what I saw, my products pages are very slow and it's due to the size of the images, how can I adapt these in order to gain some speed ? 

Thank you,

Sarah 

0 Likes
JohnCodes
Shopify Partner
129 10 69

Hi @mezure-paris 

Here are a few image optimization suggestions you could try out to improve your product page performance:

• Resize mobile images to display no larger than 960px and desktop images no larger than 1500px.
  • If your images don't have transparent backgrounds, you should ensure image formats are JPG instead of PNG.
  • Use an app like Crush Pics to compress images.
  • Lazy load any images below the fold. Here is a more in-depth blog post we have on the topic: How to Lazy Load Images on Shopify to Make Your Site Faster.

The above tips can also be applied to other pages throughout your site, not just product pages.

I hope this helps. If you'd like more assistance, feel free to reach out to our optimization team at speedboostr.com/contact.

Developer at SpeedBoostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Try out our Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
Check out Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, and more automation)
More Apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing tool), Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid)