Implementing a members-only area of a site

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there,

I am managing a Shopify site for my university student society. We are looking to bring in a paying members only section to our society to advertise exclusive discounts and deals for our paying members. Members are manually tagged accordingly once they purchase membership each year.

What is the best way to bring about this feature to our site? I have been reading about Locksmith but I am new to this platform and am not sure if there is another way about this. 

Looking forward to hearing back :)

Lachlan

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
516 0 38

Hey Lachlan, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

You're right! The app Locksmith is a great way for you to create members-only areas of your store. This app will allow you to lock down things like pages, products, collections, etc so that only people with a specific login account can get in! 

Alternatively, there is an app called Customer Pricing. Although it doesn't lock down your store, it lets you show different prices to different customers depending on their login details. It might be a good alternative in this case! 

Check those out, however its great to keep in mind that these are third party apps! That means that they weren't created by Shopify directly. Instead, they were created by other developers, so if you have questions, or are unsure about something, definitely reach out to them through the contact information on the apps page. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us on this thread :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

I am a developer trying to setup a wholesale site where customers have to provide essential information, submit a form and wait for validation from the shop in order to register as a customer and then use the site to purchase.

This I did easily in WordPress/ WooCommerce, but Shopify has no obvious solution.

Can someone point me to a way to so this? The app Locksmith is not appropriate, especially because it triggers a monthly payment that adds up. I would rather code the solution once and for all.

Thanks,

Eddie

0 Likes