Solved

Implementing an External Payment Provider

QisstPay
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello, I want to make an external payment provider and attached it to Shopify stores. Can someone guide me on how to pursue this?

Accepted Solution (1)
Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Amazing, thank you so much for clarifying for me @QisstPay.

In this case, you can use our Hosted Payment SDK to integrate your payment gateway with the Shopify checkout. As access is limited, you will need approval after a thorough review of your gateway. Please fill out the Shopify Hosted Payment SDK Request Form to move forward with next steps.

You can expect to hear back from us within 30 days, unless the integration is not approved. 

Please let me know if I can help answer other questions,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @QisstPay!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

I'd love to help guide you with your question today. At this time, the only available third-party gateways for integration are visible by country on our Payment Gateways page. 

If I have misunderstood your question and you are an administrator of a third-party gateway that has not partnered with Shopify, we can definitely share your feedback with our Product Team. If this is the case, please feel free to share any relevant details in our thread here and I'd be happy to pass the proposal to the right team for future consideration. 

Please let me know if I have missed anything and I'd love to chat further.

Warm regards,

QisstPay
Tourist
6 0 1

So yes, I'm an owner of a third party payment method which I'll integrate into Shopify stores. Think of it like a third party gateway which you'll choose during checkout, all processing of the order will be done through an iframe or a lightbox popup and then the order will be received on both ends. I'm not sure if this will be a Shopify app or a gateway to be made. 

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Amazing, thank you so much for clarifying for me @QisstPay.

In this case, you can use our Hosted Payment SDK to integrate your payment gateway with the Shopify checkout. As access is limited, you will need approval after a thorough review of your gateway. Please fill out the Shopify Hosted Payment SDK Request Form to move forward with next steps.

You can expect to hear back from us within 30 days, unless the integration is not approved. 

Please let me know if I can help answer other questions,

QisstPay
Tourist
6 0 1

Sounds great! I have a few more questions for you. This will act as a gateway or a Shopify app? Also, I need on-site messaging too. This will be done by a separate Shopify app? If so, what's the procedure for it? Thank you.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Of course, @QisstPay.

The third-party payment system you are creating will act as a gateway. Whereas, apps are a little different. Apps can help add functionality to your site through injected code or scripts. In fact, for on-site messaging, you can use an app from our App Store. I pulled up some recommendations for you to look over to help narrow down your search below:

Each of these apps are unique in their own way, so I suggest reading each of their features to see which will suit your business needs. I've personally tested Shopify Chat and Tawk.to before, and was fairly happy with both. Paid apps generally have more room for customization, so don't overlook your other options. 

Should any app specific questions come up, remember you can reach out for support

Please let me know if I missed or misunderstood anything.

Warm regards,

QisstPay
Tourist
6 0 1

I want my system to act like Afterpay, shouldn't I go with a 3rd party payment application? or gateway is required?

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi again, @QisstPay!

Thanks for your follow-up question. To be perfectly honest I'm not sure if I understand what you are asking. Can you please elaborate for me on what you mean by having your "system act like Afterpay"?

Any details, or other information you can provide me with to clarify further are super helpful! 

I look forward to your reply,

QisstPay
Tourist
6 0 1

So AfterPay is a 3rd party payment application that configures with Shopify stores and provides installments. You can have a more deep insight by going to their website:

https://www.afterpay.com/index

Let me know if you need anything from me.

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Thanks, @QisstPay.

The only way for any third-party payment provider to integrate with Shopify would be through our Hosted Payment SDK application I shared earlier. Please let me know if any questions come up while you complete the application. 

Warm regards,

QisstPay
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello,

Your Hosted Payment SDK has asked me to wait for 6 months as they're not entertaining any new merchants at the moment since they're revamping it. Currently, we are engaged with several potential enterprise customers that need it in the market like Khaadi, Bonanza, Bata, and few others. We're okay with developing it again when the new revamped version comes out but we can't wait for 6 months. 

Let us know if you've any other questions. Looking forward to hearing from you.