Import product with html using the template csv

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello all,

I am tring to import a list of product from another platform, this should be quite easy after having downloaded the template and competed it with my product's info.

iI there a way to upload a file with custom delimiter, otherwise my html code is going to be breaken into many pieces making impossible to upload the products correctly.

Is there any workaround to this problem ? I should really remove all the commas from my Body (HTML) field?

Thanks,

Davide

farmacia-aliberti.myshopify.com - www.farmaciaalibertishop.it - www.farmaciaaliberti.it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
145 0 18

Hello there!

As long as you are using the sample product CSV file from this guide, or a product CSV export from your Shopify store, you should be able to use both commas and HTML code in your product descriptions, without issue.

If you do run into issues though, you should get an email after the CSV import is complete, with any errors that may have occurred. If anything doesn't make sense, don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@shopify.com or through our live support channels.

Hope this helps :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
38 0 1

Just wrap your fields which contain html and commas with double quotes. Works fine for me...

Freelance developer – http://tomkeysers.be
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hello,

thank you, I was able to import most of my products using the tecniques you described.

It is a bit trick at first because the file must be in UTF-8 format and you should use text delimiter.

I suggest Open office Calc Rather than MS Excel, it was much more easy to handle Shopify's CSV using the former one.

Thanks for the help,

Davide

http://www.farmaciaalibertishop.it

farmacia-aliberti.myshopify.com - www.farmaciaalibertishop.it - www.farmaciaaliberti.it
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
122 0 25

I'm having a similar issue, I've actually exported a csv file of all my products from shopify, changed all the shipping from false to true and re imported it.  All products are imported and fine except that now there's an extra <p></p> wrapped around the content of my body(html) cells. 

I'm using numbers on mac and exported it to csv utf-8

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
122 0 25
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
122 0 25
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
122 0 25
{{ product.description | strip_html }}

Figured out a way around it, doesn't solve the import issue but added this code to each product description to strip out the extra html, hope this helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
145 0 18

Hello!

I just tried a Product CSV import with a test product that had '454g' in the 'Body (HTML)' column, and although it added <p></p> tags around the text, removing these later didn't affect how the product displayed on my website.

I then tested with '<p>454g</p>' in the 'Body (HTML)' column, and after importing, no additional <p></p> tags were added on to this. I got the same result when starting the 'Body (HTML)' column with different HTML tags.

Cheers :)
Jordan

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 2

Hi!

You can try to use this app Bulk Import Export Update with Excel. It should nont add anything to the data you have. And you can import it from the Excel without converting into CSV.

Regards!

Jelena

0 Likes