Important changes to how you can contact support

Community Manager
Community Manager
238 8 240

TL;DR As of August 13th 2019 direct emails to support@shopify.com will no longer work. If you need to contact Shopify Support via email please do so by logging into the Shopify Help Center instead.

We’ve been working hard to improve how you get help from Shopify Support!

As part of these updates, after August 13th 2019 you will need to contact Shopify Support via the Shopify Help Center as emails sent directly to support@shopify.com will no longer work.

The Shopify Help Center contains valuable self-service resources as well as a new pre-authentication feature that allows you to sign into your store before reaching out to support which means our team can assist you right away instead of having to verify your identity first.

There will be no change to chat or phone support provided and you will still be able to contact us through a contact form within the Shopify Help Center as before.

Here’s a quick overview of how you can take advantage of the self-service content and new pre-authentication feature should you need to contact support.

1. Go to the Shopify Help Center
  2. Click Support followed by Contact Support
  3. Enter a search term and review the provided content
  4. If the content provided doesn’t help click Get help from the Shopify support team
  5. Click Email us
  6. Click I have a Shopify store, enter your store URL and login
  7. Enter your question in the Subject and Your message fields followed by clicking Send

Frequently Asked Questions

Why did you make this change?

• This change reduces the amount of time it takes to get support which allows our team to assist you faster while providing added security and privacy to your support interactions.

What happens if I have an on-going support interaction with support@shopify.com after August 13th 2019?

• If you have an on-going support interaction you can continue to work with support by replying to the email. For assistance with any new issues after August 13th 2019 please sign into the Shopify Help Center to engage support via your preferred medium (chat, email, phone or social media).

I don’t like this change, I want to email you still!

• You can still email us for support; just sign in via the Shopify Help Center first and authenticate which will allow us to help you faster.

TyW | Community Manager @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

6 Likes