Imported product won't show in Shopify

Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello,

I hope you could help me with my problem. I am uploading a single product using bulk upload in my store as a test. Product has 64 lines in CSV because of multiple variants. My problem is the product won't show in the store  even if there was already a pop up message saying "Product uploaded". I tried uploading the product at ~50 lines and it was successful. Not sure why doing 60+ line items won't upload the product.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
102 0 11

Hi there!

Maggie here, Shopify Guru. :)

Thanks for reaching out here! CSV related questions are always really tricky to troubleshoot because your file format needs to match ours exactly in order for our system to be able to read the information. It sometimes takes going through it with a fine-tooth comb to figure out what the problem is, so in order to help you I would love to take a look at the CSV file!

For this reason, I'm going to send you an email as a follow up to this forum post! That way, you can reply back and attach the CSV you're working with. :) Also, just in the name of being proactive, you can find a doc on product CSVs here.

Please look for that email from me in your inbox (or if not, be sure to check your spam folder) in a few minutes!

Maggie M | Shopify Guru

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thank you for the quick reply, Maggie.

I've found the issue, it was a duplicate entry for a variant. I have now successfully uploaded the product and encountered another issue. The variants that are showing in the webstore do not match to the uploaded .CSV file. Example for product with Option1 Value of 5.5 and only has Option2 Value of Medium in the .CSV file is showing all the Option2 Value for the other items in the web store. I've attached a screen shot here.

Maggie - I've also sent you the CSV file via email.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
284 1 27

Hey!

If you are open for an app that might assist in importing data, along with more detailed troubleshooting, you might want to try the Excelify.io app.

With it, you can import and bulk update Products, Collections, Customers, Discounts, Orders, Pages, Metafields.

You import pure Excel files, and it shows you detailed import and update results for each row in the Import Results Excel file.

Maris

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
0 Likes
3 0 0

I am having the same issue, there is really no error showing at all (I have a product import confirmation), but the products are not created. Where can I find errors related to the import? Troubleshooting without it is impossible. Is there a support email address I can contact directly?

Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hi, I'm also experiencing the same problem. I'm using a Shopify 'product export' csv file so the information and file should be correct. I'm also getting a message to say that the upload has completed successfully but I can't find any products.

0 Likes