Importing Products Question Re: Collections

Solved
Highlighted
3 1 0

Hi all! We're working on launching our online store this week and hitting some snags. The first snag we're hitting is the importing of collections. We put the collection name in "G" of the spreadsheet thinking it would create the Collection for us if it wasn't there. It didn't. So we went in and tried to create the collections but now it looks like we'll have to go through these products again, add tags, add a tag command to each collection, and reimport? 

Can anyone advise? Surely this isn't what needs to happen, because that sounds exhausting.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

I'm replying to my own thread to update. I worked on this all day, deleted all products, messed with the CSV, reuploaded, rinse, and repeat. I got *most* of it figured out except collections. So instead of letting the CSV have new collections that I hoped would auto-populate, I created them manually and assigned tags. Sadly, the tags didn't take so when I click on say, Dairy, the items aren't listed even though they are tagged Dairy and the collection product tag is equal to is listed as dairy. Someone, please help me fix this. It's so frustrating. 

0 Likes