Importing Products

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guys, Im currently suing another platform, I know its not compatible with shopify.   I thought I would try and import some products to test how easy it would.   It wasn`t didnt even work.  The template makes no sense.   I have about 12,000 products to import, I need a hand, can someone help. I cant even find anyone to speak to or even email to.  I login and I type something in the box and it just keeps going around in circles.  

Mind you I own three websites,  I thought I would try shopify.   Or is there an app we can use, separate to the one they have that we can use to import ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
65 0 10

Download the products from your existing site as a CSV.

Download the import template from Shopify.

Use Copy/Paste to transfer the data

Each of your products will require a unique handle in shopify, CSV sheet column A. This can be the SKU or A123 >  etc

You will also need to create collections in Shopify back office, and a main page navigation menu.

The easiest way to discover how to do this is to add few products manually, Shopify will guide you through the process

Good luck

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yes, please when are you available to talk? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
77 2 3

Hi

Migrating from other platforms can be a pain. Have you tried running this tool: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/migrating-to-shopify/shopify-import

Secondly, try running a smaller dump of product data as sometimes there could be a specific row that causes an error and the whole file fails.

If you are planning on running multiple stores either with same platform or multiple platforms we operate a product data management platform whereby you store all products and update inventory from one location and it pushes to all stores. Saves time in updating multiple stores and lets you automate supplier updates directly. We could even import your csv file and link it to a store and push all product data into it.

Regards

Tom

Over 16 years experience in operating ecommerce businesses.
DM me on here or via message at Channelup
0 Likes