Importing a CSV to Overwrite Current Products

Highlighted
2 0 0

I uploaded a set of products to Shopify. Later I changed the src for some of the images in Excel and then imported the file again, selecting "Overwrite any current products with the same handle". Only some of the images updated, and the import email I received read many instances of "Line X: can't be blank".

The import had over 10 000 products, so I set up a test import with one product. This product imported fine.

I then changed only the Title in the CSV to "Test2".

I imported the sheet, clicking "Overwrite any current products with the same handle". The product did not update and the import email read:

Failed: Line 2 can't be blank

I have no idea why this would happen. I have checked the Shopify forums to answer the question but all the posts were about other importing errors. I checked the CSV's in a text editor and they all seemed to be in order. I suspect I am missing something crucial. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated.

I will post the two CSV's below this post.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Original Product:

Handle,Title,Body (HTML),Vendor,Type,Tags,Published,Option1 Name,Option1 Value,Option2 Name,Option2 Value,Option3 Name,Option3 Value,Variant SKU,Variant Grams,Variant Inventory Tracker,Variant Inventory Qty,Variant Inventory Policy,Variant Fulfillment Service,Variant Price,Variant Compare At Price,Variant Requires Shipping,Variant Taxable,Variant Barcode,Image Src,Image Position,Image Alt Text,Gift Card,SEO Title,SEO Description,Google Shopping / Google Product Category,Google Shopping / Gender,Google Shopping / Age Group,Google Shopping / MPN,Google Shopping / AdWords Grouping,Google Shopping / AdWords Labels,Google Shopping / Condition,Google Shopping / Custom Product,Google Shopping / Custom Label 0,Google Shopping / Custom Label 1,Google Shopping / Custom Label 2,Google Shopping / Custom Label 3,Google Shopping / Custom Label 4,Variant Image,Variant Weight Unit,Variant Tax Code,Cost per item
test,Test,,,,,TRUE,Title,Default Title,,,,,,,shopify,,deny,manual,,,TRUE,TRUE,,https://www.hakaimagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/header-fish-feel.jpg,,,FALSE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kg,,

Updated Product:

Handle,Title,Body (HTML),Vendor,Type,Tags,Published,Option1 Name,Option1 Value,Option2 Name,Option2 Value,Option3 Name,Option3 Value,Variant SKU,Variant Grams,Variant Inventory Tracker,Variant Inventory Qty,Variant Inventory Policy,Variant Fulfillment Service,Variant Price,Variant Compare At Price,Variant Requires Shipping,Variant Taxable,Variant Barcode,Image Src,Image Position,Image Alt Text,Gift Card,SEO Title,SEO Description,Google Shopping / Google Product Category,Google Shopping / Gender,Google Shopping / Age Group,Google Shopping / MPN,Google Shopping / AdWords Grouping,Google Shopping / AdWords Labels,Google Shopping / Condition,Google Shopping / Custom Product,Google Shopping / Custom Label 0,Google Shopping / Custom Label 1,Google Shopping / Custom Label 2,Google Shopping / Custom Label 3,Google Shopping / Custom Label 4,Variant Image,Variant Weight Unit,Variant Tax Code,Cost per item
test,Test2,,,,,TRUE,Title,Default Title,,,,,,,shopify,,deny,manual,,,TRUE,TRUE,,https://www.hakaimagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/header-fish-feel.jpg,,,FALSE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,kg,,

0 Likes