Importing products and images and variants

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello!

I have products that I want to import from a website.

How do i do that?

Products include:

Name

description in html format

multiple images (how to indicate main image)

multiple variations for each product

category and sub category

brand

price

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 44 103

Hello, @crowshead!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! If you're looking to import products from another website, then you might be able to use a spreadsheet format to import them into your Shopify Admin. A CSV file would allow you to export the product information in a spreadsheet format and then import those products into your Admin.

You're going to want to make sure that when you import your CSV file into the Shopify Admin that the field headers are in the same order and each separated by a comma - I would recommend downloading the sample CSV, here, to make sure that your spreadsheet is formatted the same way. You can read all about how to export, import and format a CSV file in our handy help guide, here

When importing your products into your Shopify Admin, you may encounter some issues with the CSV file. The Shopify Admin will tell you if there are any formatting issues with your file before it can correctly import. We have a guide, here, that will tell you how to solve common product CSV import problems.

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Can i do everything on 1 spreadsheet?

including category assignment ,links to photos, prices, variants, etc..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 44 103

Hello again, @crowshead!

Karlie here! Yes, you can do everything using one spreadsheet. If you check out the Sample Spreadsheet from the guide that I had sent you, you can see all of the different columns for your product information. Category assignment would be Collections, but you can use the CSV to add in your product image URLs, prices and variants as well. 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes