Importing products and setting product availability

Highlighted
7 0 0

Is it possible when importing products via Shopify Import CSV to set the products "Product Availability". I am currently importing over 2000 products that should only be available via the Storefront API. It seems that default behavior is to set the products to "Online Store", which makes sense. Is there a  column that can be added to the import CSV that can change that to "Storefront API"? If not what is the quickest way post import to change all of them? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I found the answer. You can do this once you have imported the products. Select all products click "more actions > make products unavailable/available". 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Im wanting to do something similar. I dont want to hi jack the question, but curious about having a default setting of status of all orders, whether its CSV or integrated feed.
Ideally, id like everything in the store thats imported to be imported as a draft/unavailable status. Is it possible to do this? I am new to this and it seemed to be doing it before this latesly "active status" update. I had to manually set it to available in order for the items to go to the live store. With this new system the visual feedback makes it confusing, and i am unsure if its posting to the live store or not, as i have to manually set to "unavailable on channels" in order to see any visual feedback within my product list, so i know for sure its not live.

Im doing tests for small things here and there, but im worried when i get up and running and my have to import a few hundred /thousand items.

Please advise.

0 Likes