Impossible to reach website/store from Europe/Italy

Highlighted
1 0 0

My US store is acool55art.com, I'm in MIlan Italy on a project and there is absolutely no way to reach the front end of my store from any browser both on laptops or phones... the name registrar is namecheap and I contacted them and they said on their side it all checks out correctly. When I try to contact shopify help chat it says that the store is not available...this is a bit of a problem...has anybody ever encountered a similar issue? Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
122 6 11

Hi, @acool55art

Thank you for reaching out to the community about that! We were previously experiencing a network connectivity issue, which was affecting some customers from Italy using the Wind 3, Fastweb, and TIM internet service providers (other ISPs may also have been affected). This issue has now been resolved, however you will need to update the A Record in your domain's DNS settings, to reflect our new IP address. The old record was 23.227.38.32, and this has now been updated to 23.227.38.65. 

If you are using a Shopify managed domain, you can make this change in your admin under Online Store > Domains > Manage (beside the domain) > DNS Settings > beside the record, click on Actions > Edit (instructions on how to do this here). If you are using a domain purchased from a third party, then you will need to log in to your account on the third party host's website, and edit your DNS settings there (detailed instructions for that can be found in our help doc here). Let me know if you have any questions!  

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes