In-Store Pickup Feature

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

The In-Store Pickup feature appears on my website at check-out when I use my iPhone but doesn't always appear using my Windows PC.  Several customers have used this feature but others don't see the option.  Please advise.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I'd love to see what I can do to help you with this. If it's just causing issues on one browser and not another I'm guessing that your browser isn't the most up to date. May I ask the version of the browser that it's not working on?

It's very common for people to not be operating on the most current operating system so if your customers aren't seeing this propagate properly then you'd want to reach out to them to make sure they have updated their browser if it isn't working.

If it's still not working please let me know.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 1 26
Do all of the products have to be associated with a location? I think I saw in a video that if a product is not assigned to a location then the pick up in store option will not be offered. Is that correct or am I confused about it?

Also does selling something 'presale' make a difference regarding the checkout giving the option to pick up in store?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

This is an accepted solution.

You're right, if a product isn't associated with a location then it won't work for local pick up. In order for it to work, you're going to need to make sure they are fulfilling these requirements. Please note that this isn't the full list of requirements, but they are things to note for your question. 

• All products in the cart must be available at a pickup location.
  • All products in the cart must be eligible for local pickup.
  • All products in the cart must be physical products.

For your second question, the product will need to be in stock. Each pickup order requires you or a staff member to verify that each item is in stock. 

This link here has more information on the whole Local Pickup option. If you have more questions please let me know.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
47 1 26
@Dallas Thank you for that info. When you say the items must be in stock can you elaborate? What is a product is marked to allow to oversell and has zero or negative qty? We do a lot of PreSales that when the product arrives to our location the customer comes to the store to pick it up. So it is available for pickup at the location but those particular items are not available as fast. But this is why this feature is so necessary. A lot of our orders are a mix or in stock items and presale items. I would help to notify the customer that certain items are ready for pickup then later when the presale items arrive, let them know those are now available for pickup.

Would this work with items allowed to oversell?
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Please assist in fixing the pick-up location for my Brick n Mortar in the pick-up notification emails.

It currently reflects a generic address and not my shop address.  How do I fix this in my Notification?  Do I have to modify the Liquid code or does it find this information somewhere else?

Pickup location

Example Shop

34 Example Street

Next to example

Ottawa Ontario K1N5T5

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm wondering the same thing. Ive tried everything to get my pickup location to pop up but at checkout it only gives the option to checkout with standard shipping cost. I want my customers to be able to benefit from free pickup option from multiple locations that I have provided. HELP!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

How do I change the address that appears in Notifications configured under Settings / Notifications?

Currently, Notifications that are sent for when a order is ready for "pickup" reflects a "generic" mailing address and not my shops mailing address.

Please advise. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 60 144

@Stephen34 At the present moment those products must be in stock for local pickup to be available. Even if you have your inventory set to 'oversell' it won't allow for local pickup with a negative inventory count. Since this is a new feature it's very possible that this may change in the future, but I don't have a timeline for that at the moment. 

If you're looking for ways to allow pickup on products that allow for overselling then you'd want to set up a shipping rate called "Pick Up". You're even able to use an app that would then associate shipping options based on the location of your customers in order to make sure that the customers in the pickup region are the only customers that will use pick up. 

Better Shipping or Delivery Rates By ZipCode would be the best tools for this. For what you're wanting, for the time being, this would be the best option for you.

@Deborah_Eisenst 

In order to change your location addresses for your locations, you're going to want to go to Settings > Locations. From there you'll be able to change the address. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I also noticed if a customer has shopped at your store before, entered their info, or on a another shopify store, they cannot see the store pickup unless they choose "check out as guest" 

0 Likes