Why is my Facebook shop inactive on Shopify despite active status?

Depolmo
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi! I'm trying to publish my Facebook shop, but the status has been "Inactive" for about a week now, says it's in review.. Is this normal? How long does the review process normally take? The strange thing is, on the Overview page of the sales channels I see "Active" next to my Facebook shop.

Thank you in advance.

Screenshot_3.pngScreenshot_4.png

Replies 16 (16)

dship_designs
6 0 0

Hello @Depolmo 

This delay could be related with your FB Business Manager settings. 

I would suggest taking a deeper look there and look for any error messages or updates needed.

Hope this helps!

DropshipDesigns.com | We Support Shopify Dropshippers
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
JenaS
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. And when I hit "Edit" next to the shop (in the same screen shot you uploaded) it tries to load a new page but nothing ever loads. Were you able to figure something out?

Depolmo
Visitor
2 0 0

I am still waiting, it doesn't work. I believe the problem might be something connected to how facebook imports the product information for the shop. So I will play a little with that. In your case I would also just try a different browser, maybe that will help.

sidus
Tourist
11 0 1

Hi,

did you solve the problem as I am having the same issue. Not really sure how to fix it. Tried to contact business FB support but they don't know....

alyssann
Visitor
1 0 0

In the Commerce page of Business Settings, under Overview I just noticed this banner stating

"We're completing a standard review on your Commerce account. The review process can take up to 4 weeks. Your shop won't be visible to customers until it's been approved."

This might be causing people issues - I've been waiting for my shop to be approved for almost two weeks now and it still shows as Inactive like your screenshot 😕

Nadiaazadi
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the exact same issues as above.

Did anybody find a solution?

bablbirdgenius
Visitor
2 0 0

I also facing same issue and it almost 3 weeks still my Facebook shop is showing as inactive

sidus
Tourist
11 0 1
We get our shop verify but it took like 3 weeks or so and then it became active. You need to wait then and check every so often.

laurakong_
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue! And my items in the catalog do not show on Instagram, so sad!

Dejanae
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

Im having the same issue! My Facebook & instagram shop was approved but when I customized the shop, it went inactive with zero issues showing. Here is a screenshot. Im curious to know if anyone found any solutions, has the timeframe changed or should I just wait weeks???facebookinactivescreenshotwithblur.jpg

brisoto
Visitor
1 0 0

I’m having the exact same issue. i’ve been consistently checking. i was able to tag products in posts though which makes no sense. You can get to each item but you cannot open the shop because it says inactive!!!!

hasanarmstrong
Shopify Partner
25 5 5

Facebook mention they delay approval if your products do not comply with their policies https://www.facebook.com/business/help/1096284574063516?id=1077620002609475. I guess it's the same for Shop approval also.

So maybe check your Shop and products comply with https://www.facebook.com/policies_center/commerce/.

Front-end developer who helps Shopify merchants with their website/s.
https://www.ecommercedevs.com/
Dejanae
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks for trying to help! I fixed it but removing the option to checkout on Facebook/Instagram and only allowing checkout through my website. I'm not sure if that will help everyone but it changed my status back to active immediately 

froggmag
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi But where is this option for "checkout through my website" listed

sigis
Tourist
6 0 0

My shop is under review three weeks already, did you find a solution?

Techedge
Visitor
1 0 0

There is no solution because the problem is this shopify crap!

Why do WooCommerce shops get instant access to Facebook shop?

Stop using this money-stealing app is the best solution.