Inactive account still being charged

formalskint
3 0 1

My account is still being charged after closing it ( it has been over 6 months). The problem is that I have already closed both my store and the email address so I have no longer access to the store. I need help from the shopify community to resolve the problem and cancel the subscription asap!!!

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 13 12

Hi there @formalskint!

Ivy here from Shopify.

I just want to be clear I am understanding the situation correctly, please correct me if I am wrong here: you believed you had closed your Shopify account 6 months ago but you have been continually getting subscription charges from Shopify for this store, and you now cannot login to the store in question because your email address used for login is no longer active? If this is the case, then we have 2 options to move forward with this request:

1. Change the email used by you to login, so you your access to the account is restored and thus allowing you access to fully close this account, or
  2. An escalation to our Account Security team, who may be able to close this account on your behalf

Both of these options are going to require you reaching out to one of our support advisors via our Support Portal, and creating a support ticket. Our support advisor can then look over this request and guide you forward with the next step. 

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks! Ivy. 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes