Incentive buyers and influencers with one code?

Highlighted
6 0 0

I've looked a bit at Affiliatly (and also could consider other Affilate programs), and it looks to me like you can automatically set up codes to pay influencers. But how is the purchaser incented to use the code? Is there some way (in Affiliatly or otherwise) to give a small discount to the shopper and also pay the influencers with a single code (entered in one place)? If doesn't seem obvious to me, sorry if I'm dense. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
398 73 144

Hey, @wsirota!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Setting up an affiliate program is a great way to drive your sales. Depending on which affiliate app you use, the method you offer incentives/discounts to both the shoppers and the paid influences varies. Within the app itself, there're also multiple options.

Tracking coupon code mentioned in your post is one of the methods available in Affiliatly. The method involves setting up a unique code in the app for you to offer the paid influencers. This allows you to track the sales and offer the necessary incentives to the referrals made by the paid influencers.

On the customer side, you need to set up a discount code that's the same as the unique code you created in the Affiliatly app at your Shopify admin. This way, when the shoppers enter the code, they will receive the discount you've set up in the admin and the code used will associate back to the code you've set up in the app. The paid influencers will then receive the commission you assigned in the app. As a result, with a single code entered at the checkout page, the shoppers can enjoy the discount you had offered and the paid influencers can get paid. Here's a detailed breakdown on Tracking by coupon code in Affiliatly.

Just in case you need further clarification, kindly reach out the app developer support at support@affiliatly.com. The app developer support can provide further assistance.

Remember, there're more than one affiliate marketing app in the store. Here're some other alternatives:

1. ShoutOut
  2. LeadDyno Affiliate Marketing
  3. Refersion: Affiliate Marketing

Feel free to try the apps out to see which one works the best for your business. Don't forget to remove the ones you don't want to keep before the trial period ends to avoid any potential app charges.

Since you're planning to venture into affiliate marketing, here's The Beginner's Guide to Setting Up an Affiliate Program for Your Shopify Store. By going through the guide first, it ensures your affiliate plan works as smoothly as possible.

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes