Incident Update

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Hello,

I just received and email from Thrive cosmetics about the data breach and it makes sense now I know how my card number was stolen and used to charge up almost $5000 on it a few days ago! People keep an eye on your banking information it happens fast I am thankful to have a good bank who caught it early.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 5

@Nem360 wrote:

Hello,

I just received and email from Thrive cosmetics about the data breach and it makes sense now I know how my card number was stolen and used to charge up almost $5000 on it a few days ago! People keep an eye on your banking information it happens fast I am thankful to have a good bank who caught it early.

Hi @Nem360

No complete credit information was taken during this incident and therefore fraud and identity theft are unlikely. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

Unlikely but never zero. I have been trying to figure out how it could have happened and this has answered it for me. The odds of it being another site vs this is slim unless you know of another site that wad hacked within the last 7days.  But I do like how instead of just saying we are sorry or happy your bank caught it you go straight into denial thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

Mentioning that affected merchants were contacted is not sufficient.

You need to provide us with the list of Merchants that were subject to this fraud as we need to support our clients in a much more proactive manner. 

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 1
Yes I would like this list to I’m not sure who I bought with that is supported by the shop to five so I would like a list of merchants that was compromised as well
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 5

Hi @michelq & @12munchi,

All impacted merchants have been contacted, and a listing of affected merchants cannot be provided.

If your client did not receive an email their store(s) were not impacted by this incident.

If they have concerns about their store however please have them contact Shopify Support.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I appreciate the immediate notification of affected stores and public announcement here of the issue.  No business these days is completely immune, so it falls back to the old adage, "Customer service isn't about nothing ever going wrong - It's about how you handle it when it does."  I appreciate Shopify's openness and prompt response to this issue. That gives me confidence that future issues will be handled just as well.

(My store wasn't affected, so I'm speaking just as a Shopify customer.)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I was not notified.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
10 0 5

@Allison-Claire wrote:

I was not notified.

Hi @Allison-Claire,

All impacted merchants have been contacted. If you did not receive an email your store(s) were not impacted by this incident.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

I'm terribly worried and concerned about this incident

1 Like