Include backorder/preorder status in Order Confirmation email under product titles

Jessica_W1
2 0 0

Hi, 

I would like to find out if there is a way to include under the product title, a line that states a custom message for products that meet the following conditions:

1) Ticked - Allow customers to purchase this product when it's out of stock

&

2) Product inventory status - less than 1

I tried using the following code:

{% if line.product.tags contains 'presale' %} PRESALE MESSAGE TEXT. {% else %} Items normally ship within 1-2 business days. {% endfor%}

which required me to call out product tags and it did work in the email notification but we are afraid that we may accidentally leave out certain items which are backordered and if they are mistakenly tagged, we may cause customers to be upset if the items will not be shipped in the normal 1-2 days.

Is there a way to make the custom message text appear if it is instead tied to the the conditions above instead?

Please do let me also know your thoughts if you have any ideas if the above conditions may or may not work..

Thank you!

0 Likes
KPY
Tourist
25 0 2

Any idea?

0 Likes
TelescopesCan
Excursionist
23 0 27

We ended up using Arigato Automation to do this, you can loop through the order items at the time of the purchase and send an Email to the customer listing out of stock items, or both in stock and out of stock.  We don't like to use apps in general but this app does a bazillion things for us such as notify us about orders that have multiple identical items on the order, which is easy to miss when shipping, notifies us when an order takes inventory below a certain level, purchases using a certain payment method, pretty much anything.  Saved our bacon many times.

The code for the Email for back order notices looks like this and triggers when IF ANY OF ORDER / LINE ITEMS / VARIANT / TOTAL INVENTORY QUANTITY IS LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO -1:

TelescopesCan_0-1618498181960.png

0 Likes