Include shipping price in facebook pixel "website purchase conversion" event

Highlighted

Hello,

I offer promos for 'free' items and customers only pay shipping. This throws off my analytics because the default Facebook pixel purchase value only includes the item price and not the shipping cost.

Is there a way to override this so a "website purchases conversion" event includes the shipping cost?

I'd be so grateful for assistance with this.. I'm completely stumped after hours of research.

Thank you in advance! 

Avocado Swim: Trendy, high quality, reasonably priced swimwear for women!
www.avocadoswim.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

Guys! is there anybody out there that can assist with this? This is vital to the success of my store.

I'd really appreciate some help with this!

Thanks in advance :)

-J

PS. @-Emma- is this something you can look into? Much appreciated

Avocado Swim: Trendy, high quality, reasonably priced swimwear for women!
www.avocadoswim.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I know this an old post but I have been searching for a solution for this with no success. Is there anyway to include the shipping costs in the total Conversion Value when using Shopify with Stripe and PayPal Express? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Hi! seems like no one has answered your question.

Unfortunately if you've installed the pixel via the shopify -> online store -> preferences -> facebook pixel way, then there is no way to override it. Shopify has streamlined the whole process and they use the 'subtotal' amount ( before shipping costs and taxes )  for purchase conversion value. 

They only way you would be able to customize it or 'override' it, is to install the pixel manually, but Shopify recommends that you don't do it manually and rather use the automatic way. Since, if you're not a developer and don't know exactly what you are doing you can skew your results. 

It is unfortunate though that they would use the 'subtotal' amount and not the 'order total', since I would think this gives you more accurate data. I mean they track order totals in their own shopify analytics so I don't see why they would only use 'subtotal' for purchase conversions. Maybe someone else can clarify this. 

However for now, there is no way. You'll just have to settle for the '0' amount on Free+Shipping offers. I mean, If you're optimizing ads for purchase conversions than the 'value' isn't necessarily that important since Facebook will just make sure that you are getting purchases regardless of the value. Yes, you won't be able to track ROAS, so you'll just have to do that manually with every order you get and make sure that you are getting the results you are targeting for. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Has anyone found a workaround or a way to resolve this? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 2

Well, actually, I see one viable solution here:

you would trigger a custom FB event from the "Additional Scripts" (in the Checkout settings) section, and pass on the total transaction value, or whatever else you need

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

The app Trackify does this https://apps.shopify.com/trackify-1

(I'm not affiliated with them in anyway)

It's an extra monthly cost unfortunately but you can pass the shipping info to Facebook and also use multiple Facebook pixels.

Hope that helps!

Web designer and developer with a passion for e-commerce.
0 Likes