Inquiries about tags

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello there,

First of all a lot of thanks for your great efforts.

i use automated collection to organize my product, although its good idea to use tags but i am facing some issues. for example, i created collection for women by smart collection using tags but all products from other collections such as kids, men products appear in women collection and same for kids collection.  in addition, when i use inventory condition greater than 0 still products appear in the store front. please find possible solution for this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
750 60 166

The collections are rule based so as long as you configure the rules, it will only show according to those rules.

If you need to exclude products use "not equal to" type of rules.

I like to organize collections using Product Type, that makes it easy, you just set the product type for all products of a certain type, then add a single collection rule ("if product type is equal to XXX").

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thanks for your replay,
I have tried your suggestion but still not working. i even deleted the
existing collection and built new one as suggested by you. pls if there are
other solutions help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
83 3 8

Maybe you can describe the issue further and more specifically? E.g. the collection you have created with what conditions, and which products (with tags) are included even though they should not be. This way, we can help drill down the issue further.

Sometimes it's the understanding of the difference between 'any conditions' and 'all conditions', which is a little tricky especially if you are new to Shopify.

Sometimes it's the quirks of the conditions  e.g. as long as one variant satisfies the inventory condition, it is considered to have met it and will be included

0 Likes