Insert Multiple Photos in Blog Post

santorinigreece
6 0 0

Hello, 

Hope you are all fine. 

Does anyone know how to import multiple photos in a Blog Post?

I do not seem to find answer on this!

Thank you!

Replies 5 (5)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @santorinigreece.

This is Elias with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

While there are many bulk actions available on Shopify, I'm afraid bulk importing images isn't one of them at this time. Our guide on uploading images does cover some of the limitations and best practices when uploading images. When creating products, you can drag and drop media files multiple images; however, this isn't available on blog posts as well.

I can see how bulk importing images can be beneficial for our merchants, like yourself, and I'd be happy to share this feedback with our teams. Though this is not something that I can provide a timeline - If Shopify moves forward with this feature, you can find it on our changelog and announcements page. 

That being said, how many photos are you uploading to this blog?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

santorinigreece
6 0 0

Hello, 

Thank you for your feedback. 

I was trying to insert 4 photos in a single post. I was looking something like a slideshow, but there is not such feature. 

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @santorinigreece.

Thank you for following up!

Though there isn't a built-in feature for adding a slideshow on to a blog post, it may be possible to code a slideshow through HTML content with the rich text editor. However, as outlined in our design policy, customizations through the rich text editor isn't something that we can support. If you're not comfortable with HTML, CSS, Javascript, or Liquid, you can hire a developer from Shopify Experts to help you with this. Experts are experienced in working with custom coding and they'll be able to create a solution for your blog posts. 

Alternatively, there are a few third-party image slider apps that can install a slideshow to your blog posts. For example, Enorm Image Slider & POWR Image Slider & Carousel offers a variety of sliders that you can put on any page of your store, from hero sliders (slideshow) to carousels and much more. If you need help with one of these apps, you can always reach out to the developers through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages. 

Let me know if this is what you're looking for?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

migpics
Tourist
5 0 31

Elias, it truly saddens me that we cannot do bulk image upload to our shopify store without having to get additional plugins etc.  
I still can't figure it out and the extensive process of doing the csv file setup is just a headache.  

alexdira
Visitor
3 0 0

This is definitely a late response, but in the format bar (the one that includes the bold button and font tool) there's a button to let you add images.

It doesn't have a carousel option but it's certainly better than nothing