Instagram/Facebook Shop showing incorrect Price

SonnyJ
2 0 0

Got it. Thanks for letting me know

0 Likes
RicardoCX
1 0 0

Hey guys @AnnieOjile @Zingaboo

Could you solve this issue? Im having the exact same problem.

Thanks!

Ric

0 Likes
bsdforever
1 0 0

Same here - been trying for hours to fix this

0 Likes
oliver27
3 0 0

Same problem here. Compare price is higher because actual price is sale price. However, Facebook displays the compare/higher price.

0 Likes
oliver27
3 0 0

Looking at the full details of my products on FB, I see prices are mapped correctly (price and promotional price), however, I also see two additional fields "promotion starting date" and "promotion ending date".

In my case, both dates are set in the past.

I don't know how these fields are set. Googling I found this article from Facebook 

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/431787070873394?id=454668378692696

It talks about the possibility to enable promotions on your shop, however, this functionality is available just in the US.

I wonder if this could be the reason why FB is not showing the promotional price.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 39 225

Hi, @oliver27

Thank you for reaching out and sharing all of these details with us. 

It sounds like your 'compare at' prices are set up correctly, as they are all higher in value than your regular product prices, which is great. 

However, since the 'promotion starting date' and 'promotion ending date' on Facebook's end are both dates that have passed, and since the 'compare at' price is showing on your Facebook page currently, I do recommend reaching out to Facebook directly for more information on this. You can contact them through their Business Help Center here. Once you do this, they should be able to help look into this pricing further. 

Please keep us posted on how this goes! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
oliver27
3 0 0

Thanks @Rae , I did reach out to FB already.

This is what they replied:

"To be able to sync prices, this would depend on the data entry you have for your Catalog. If you use a Data Feed File you would need to include the following fields below to your Data Feed:
- sale_price
- sale_price_effective_date"

I think the last field is missing/wrong from the Shopify feed.

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 39 225

Hi, @oliver27

I appreciate you following up with these details, and speaking with Facebook about this. 

I'd like to help look into this catalog information further, so I'm going to send you an email to authenticate your account. Please reply directly back to my email once you receive it so we can proceed with the next steps. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
yellowcurved
2 0 0

I am having the same problem. The price Instagram shop is showing is my cost per item price. How do I get this fixed? Thank you!

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
734 39 225

Hi, @yellowcurved

Are you using 'compare at' prices to set up your cost per item price? If so, I shared more information on why these lower prices are displayed on Instagram and Facebook, and how to resolve this here: 

It's important to ensure that these prices are all higher in value than the regular product prices, as mentioned here. Having a lower 'compare at' price, and a higher 'price' can cause the lower price to appear on Facebook and Instagram, as these channels will default to display the lowest product price available.

If your products are currently set up this way, then this can be resolved by using the bulk editor to remove the lower 'compare at' values, and ensuring the 'price' fields on all products contain the correct price that customers will be charged. In addition to this, if you'd like to continue tracking your supplier's prices, I suggest using the 'cost per item' field on your products. You can check out more information on setting this up here

Let me know if you're already using the 'cost per item' field instead, or if you're running into a different problem entirely, and I'll be happy to help further! 

0 Likes