Instagram/Facebook Shop showing incorrect Price

Tourist
3 0 3

Hi there,

I have connected both Instagram/Facebook to the only catalog with products(3700+). However they have all got the wrong price(the suppliers cost) instead of my retail price.

I’ve emailed the support team but only got a unhelpful email explain how to connect my shop to Instagram/Facebook.

Any help would be appreciated. 

thank you. 

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 30 212

Hi, @NicoleCultureCo

This is Rae from Shopify. Welcome to the Community!

I appreciate you reaching out about the incorrect prices showing on your Facebook and Instagram pages. I'm sorry to hear that our previous email regarding this situation didn't help resolve things, and I understand the need to get these prices fixed. I'm glad to help with this. 

To confirm, are you using 'compare at' prices on your products? If so, it's important to ensure that these prices are all higher in value than the regular product prices, as mentioned here. Having a lower 'compare at' price, and a higher 'price' can cause the lower price to appear on Facebook and Instagram, as these channels will default to display the lowest product price available.

If your products are currently set up this way, then this can be resolved by using the bulk editor to remove the lower 'compare at' values, and ensuring the 'price' fields on all products contain the correct price that customers will be charged. In addition to this, if you'd like to continue tracking your supplier's prices, I suggest using the 'cost per item' field on your products. You can check out more information on setting this up here

However, If you're not using 'compare at' prices, or if these prices are already higher than the values in the 'price' field, please let me know and I'll be happy to take a closer look into this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with more details and working towards a solution! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tourist
3 0 3
Thank you Rae I’m not too sure, I’ll have a try and let you know the outcome!
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 30 212

Hi, @NicoleCultureCo

Thanks for following up.

I'm happy to help out with this, and I look forward to receiving an update once you test out this troubleshooting. 

Talk soon! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

@Rae @NicoleCultureCo , hi did you resolve this pricing issue? I've had the same problem after recently adding Insta / FB to my shopify store. I've now removed the Compare Price on all my products, and have setup a new Instagram post, but the prices are still incorrect. My leather products are more expensive than designer textile products. Do I need to create seperate categories in instagram for this to work? Many thanks!!

Kat

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 30 212

Hi, @Kat01

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

To confirm, are the correct product prices showing on your live site, and in your admin in the bulk editor?

Also, are the prices displaying incorrectly only on Instagram, or on Facebook, too? 

Please keep me posted on these details! I'm happy to help out with some additional troubleshooting once I hear back from you. 

Best,  

1 0 0

Mine are showing incorrect and i'm not using a compare price. This is such an incovenience as my shops were just fine before coverting to new Facebook shops

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi Rae 

sorry for the long absence I have confirmed I’m not using the compare at price at all. 

still cannot use the correct prices. Help!!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Ciao from Rome, Italy!

I have the same issue. I have connected my Shopify to Facebook/Instagram but the prices being generated or not always the lowest price. Sometime the second price and many times the highest price. What can I do to have it be always the lowest price?

Many thanks in advance for your help, Rae!

Kindly,

Annie

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
658 30 212

Hi, @WHTW@NicoleCultureCo, and @AnnieOjile

@WHTW and @NicoleCultureCo, thank you for confirming that you're not using 'compare at' prices. I'm going to reach out to both of you individually via email to verify your accounts, and determine the steps needed to resolve this. Please make sure to reply directly back to my email once you receive it so I can help further. 

@AnnieOjile, welcome to this thread, and to the Shopify Community! Are you using 'compare at' prices on your products? If so, make sure to check out the details I shared previously in this thread, such as:

To confirm, are you using 'compare at' prices on your products? If so, it's important to ensure that these prices are all higher in value than the regular product prices, as mentioned here. Having a lower 'compare at' price, and a higher 'price' can cause the lower price to appear on Facebook and Instagram, as these channels will default to display the lowest product price available.

However, if you aren't using 'compare at' prices, please let me know and I can certainly help take a closer look into things! 

Best, 

0 Likes