Instagram Product Tagging Suddenly Stopped Working

Highlighted
1 0 0

My Instagram and Facebook sales channels have been approved since January 2020. Up until last Thursday, my Instagram shoppable tags were working just fine. Suddenly all my products are greyed out and when I attempt to select the matching product for a post I receive a message that reads, "Products In This Catalog Can't Be Tagged. The product you selected is in a catalog that can't be used with Instagram Shopping. The catalog may not meet all of our requirements." 

So far I have reported the issue to Instagram, because I think this is a mistake, I have sent an message to Facebook Business Support, I have deactivated and reactivated my Facebook and Instagram. And on the Facebook backend I have checked the catalog in the Business Manager; no issues reported. As for the Instagram Shopping section, it has always been set to the Shopify default catalog "Products for sleep-terror-clothing.myshopify.com"

And just to be transparent, I sell graphic t-shirts, art prints and other accessories, everything on my Shopify store in a tangible good with no misleading product descriptions ect. I don't think I have voilated any of the Facebook/Instagram terms and services. Most of my social media marketing comes from Instagram, ever since the product tagging has been disabled my site visits have dropped damatically. 

Has anyone experienced this and does anyone know how to fix this? 

IMG_1218.PNGimage0.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, the same thing happened to me. Did you fix it somehow?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

did you get a fix for this? 

Mine stopped working too! So frustrating after spending countless £ with instagram and facebook... 

0 Likes