Instagram Shop Facebook Commerce Account Set Up Error

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 9

I am trying to set up my Instagram Shop on Shopify but I keep getting an error at the Facebook Commerce Account Section. I get the following message:

To continue selling on Instagram, we need to delete your current Commerce Account and create a new one with your Shopify information and products.

Delete and continue

When I click Delete and continue I get the following error:
Failed to Replace Commerce Account. Please Try Again

PLEASE HELP
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I am getting the same message.  Moreover, Shopify's "Help Center" doesn't have a working phone, isn't processing chats or messages via web. This is very frustrating.  T

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 9

I'm also getting the same message.

Been having issues with facebook for ages so tried to reinstall everything again and it's been happening.

Highlighted
1 0 1

Also getting the same message

1 0 1

saaaaaaaaame

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I wonder if anyone from Shopify is going through these messages, since there's NO other way to reach them...

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 9

Just spoke with support. Apparently it’s an ongoing issue that they’re looking into. Will keep you all posted. 

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi, 

May I ask how you were able to reach support?

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 9

Hello,

just had my response from support. The email is below. 

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention!

Our developer team has been in contact with Facebook regarding this error to learn more about why it appears. The Facebook developer team has let us know that this error appears due to the Commerce Account being under review. When an account is under review, it can not be deleted. Facebook will notify you over email that your account is in review, approved, and/or rejected (with a link to appeal).

I was able to confirm that your Commerce Account was under review at the time you interacted with this button.

For next steps, we can recommend reviewing your email to see if you have been approved or rejected. Once this occurs, and the review process is complete, you can then delete the Facebook Commerce account on Shopify with this “Delete and Continue” step in the Facebook onboarding experience.

Facebook is currently working on a better way to expose the review status so that this error is less confusing and provides next steps. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we may improve upon this experience!”

Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you to everyone slot  who shared the information in general.

0 Likes