Instagram Shop Facebook Commerce Account Set Up Error

Highlighted
2 0 0

Have been following up this issue with Shopify and Facebook since late Aug 2020.
9th Oct reply from Shopify (Anna)

Thanks so much for getting back to me and letting me know of the error with the screenshot.

A few other merchants have reached out about getting the same error message as you. You are receiving this error because your Facebook Commerce account is still in review on Facebook's end. I would suggest checking your email inbox for an email from commerce-no-reply@support.facebook.com to see if you've been approved or rejected. You can also check the commerce account directly in your business manager to see if there is any message from Facebook there.

In the meantime, I'm going to forward this off to our technical team for further investigation. Please note that there is no resolution for this error at this time, however as our team continues to investigate they will update you via email.

Please let me know if there is anything else you need assistance with Have a great day and stay safe!

9th Oct reply from Shopify (Britanny)

Our developer team has been in contact with Facebook regarding this error to learn more about why it appears. Their team has let us know that this error occurs due to violations with the Commerce Account. At this time, Facebook is currently working on a better way to expose these errors so that this provides next steps and solutions. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we may improve upon this experience!

In reviewing the backend connection with the Facebook account, we are seeing that Facebook is providing the following message, “The commerce account is violating integrity policies and not eligible to engage in commerce.”

Shopify is unable to surface the reason for this violation message, so we can recommend contacting Facebook support for any questions or clarification. Facebook has a form specifically to appeal this decision at: https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/481136396104354 which can be completed by filling out the details of this error on their form.

Please note that you must be logged into your Facebook account to view this form. You will be in excellent hands with their team for next steps.

So the form provided to me, is the same form I had been submitting multiple times without a single response since late Aug.

Hope that there would be a solution very soon, thanks and stay safe everyone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi, I got an email from Shopify yesterday that Facebook has resolved the issue.  I was able to connect this morning and wanted to keep you all posted

Best,

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Oh nice thank you for the share!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 0

@Tiernan You actually spoke to a human? like on a phone? or what it email/chat..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

For me I was able to once, but now it's just permanently under  review.  So when i talk to  someone at fb they  say  it's still under review even though it's been over a month now.  My shop is active and live but it can't be published.  You can see all my products on insta but they aren't in order and you can't see any on my FB page even though I can tag my products on my fb page (no one can see them).  Good luck man and if u find a way let me know ASAP!Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 2.47.32 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-28 at 7.06.27 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-26 at 3.52.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 5.32.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-29 at 5.26.23 PM.png

0 Likes