Instagram Shopping isn’t available for your account. Learn more about set up requirements.

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

So I´ve read that a lot of people have this issue that instagram doesn´t let you upload your products on your profile although the products are approved on facebook. 

They tell you to reread the guidelines but I don´t find any issues with the products I´m trying to sell.

So i tried to reach out to them and it seems impossible to me to contact either facebook or instagram and as they don´t  provide a live chat or a phone support no more.

I already tried to contact the shopify support team which were really nice but unfortunately couldn´t do anything.

I don´t really know what else I can do to get my product catalogue approved on instagram.

If anyone found a way to get approved or to get in touch with them respectively please feel free to share it with me and I would be very thankful.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
645 71 116

Hey, @palladio.

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Sorry to hear that you have not been approved for tagging, I know it must be frustrating. At the moment, the approval process is entirely handled by Instagram. We can only tell if a merchant has been approved, pending or rejected. We are not provided with any information on why they reject stores. 

Have you checked the commerce policy thoroughly to ensure you are complying with everything?

I believe the best way to contact Instagram is to go to your 'Settings' in the mobile app, scroll down and tap 'Report a Problem'. You can explain the situation on the following page and ask Instagram to review why you're not being accepted for tagging.

I would also check the following: 

1. Make sure your products are set to be available on Facebook and Instagram (check under Sales Channels in the guide). 
2. Make sure you've converted your Instagram account to a business account.
3. Make sure you have the most up to date version of the Instagram app. 

You can find the rest of the requirements here if you want to double-check them. All of these must be adhered to before Instagram will accept you.

If you can't use the Instagram Channel, you can still use Instagram as a tool for marketing your products. There's an app in our store called InstaShop: Shoppable Instagram which has a free option. Another thing that has worked for people is uninstalling the Instagram sales channel and reinstalling it which makes Instagram review the store again. You can do this by clicking Settings > Sales Channels > and hitting the trash icon next to the Instagram sales channel. We also launched a great Instagram course on Shopify Academy. All Academy courses are free and run by successful store owners, check them out here.

I hope this helps but let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Kind regards,

Lulu  

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, Which country do you belong to? thanks

Webexpert
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3
I operate from Austria
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3
I tried all those things and unfortunately nothing worked for me :(
Instagram also doesn’t reply to anything i send them so I’m a but hopeless
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Lulu5

You might be able to shed some light on this for me as we are having a similar issue.

On Thursday the 13th we lost the ability to tag products on Instagram (still working ok on Facebook).

The instagram shop however was still available, but not updating with new products.

By Saturday the 15th the instagram shop feed has disappeared altogether.
I've also noticed when trying to view/configure the Facebook Sales Channel through Shopify, it won't load up all of our preconfigured collections, it just gives 'all products'.

I've lodged a fault with Facebook, Instagram and Shopify but yet to hear back from any of the parties other than 'its being looked into'.

I'm not keen on attempting to delete and re-add the facebook sales channel as looking at the reviews in the app store, there seems to be a widespread issue with merely installing it.

Can Shopify please give a definitive answer if possible, where does the issue reside exactly?

Thanks
Dan

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Did this ever get fix? I'm having same issue with my instagram accout, Im having the same issue with my instagram page, I'm getting this message:

Instagram Shopping isn’t available for your account. Learn more about set up requirements.

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

any fix for this? same issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I am having the same issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the instagram app twice, have created a new catalogue of items, read and reread the policy. Checked my business account status a dozen times on Instagram. I'm very confused with this, and signed up with shopify to help ease the process, as recommended by Facebook. I meet all the criteria, yet unable to gain any head way with my business, cause as stated, my account is not available for shopping, despite meeting all requirements. 

As to Shopify, I understand that Instagram is not your platform, and is separate, however Facebook/Instragram should not be recommending your services, if you're not able to ease the process as explained on their business pages. 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3
I eventually managed it. What i did is contacting facebook by scheduling a call for business manager. They called me and I told them to send my request to the support group and it finally worked. I recommend everyone to do it. It’s probably the quickest and simplest way.
2 Likes