Instagram approved me but NO shopping tab on IG account

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I've been approved by Instagram to use the IG/Shopify sales channel.

However,  I am unable to tag any products on my IG account. I've followed the directions, added and removed the sales channel 3+ times and still am having no luck.

I did receive an email from Shopify stating I was approved. I never got a notification on my IG account and I do not see the "Shopping" option under my settings.

Please help!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 52

Hi, Jennifer. 
My name is Morgan, I am part of the Social Media team at Shopify. 

Glad to hear you were approved for the Instagram sales channel! In terms of the Shopping button in your settings, this does take up to 24 hours to update from the time you are approved. This is totally normal, and even hapened to myself! If you give it a few hours, and check back it should show up. ?

Let me know in 24 hrs or so if it is still missing. 

Cheers,
Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
8 0 0

I struggle with the same thing.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

I’m going to see if Morgan’s advice works.

I uninstalled the IG sales channel (again) and reinstalled it.

I’ve already received another approval email from Shopify. Still have not received an IG notification or “shopping” option, but I will do nothing for 24-48 hours and see if the notification eventually comes.

Wish me luck (wishing you luck as well!)

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for your response. I’ve waited over 24 hours (about 48) and I still have not received an IG notification or have the “shopping” link on my settings options. Yet I have received an approval email from Shopify.

Please help me resolve this.

Many thanks,

Jennifer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
55 0 6

things have changed recently, usually takes no more than24 hours, but last month it took almost a week for my products to be published on FB. two weeks later we are still seeing only 30/100 products available on IG for tagging.

And if you havent done this already...make sure your IG account is set to Business and not personal

Elevate The Status Quo
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
I am also experiencing this. I have been approved for product tagging on facebook, I have a catalog there and can tag successfully. I also received the Instagram shopping approval a week ago and still no shopping option in settings.

I would like to add this even though my company and website is in the US I use my Instagram account in Trinidad & Tobago. Could this be the reason I am not seeing the shopping option?

Thanks.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Did anyone get a solution. I am also facing the same issue. I am approved and it can be clearly seen in the Catalog > Settings but when I goto Instagram, I am not able to see the Shopping Tab under Business. 

Highlighted
2 0 1

Did anyone get a solution. I am also facing the same issue. I am approved and it can be clearly seen in the Catalog / Settings but when I goto Instagram, I am not able to see the Shopping Tab under Business. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Did you ever get this sorted out? I'm in exactly the same situation. Approved for Instagram shopping, but cannot get a Shopping tab under Business no matter how many times I update/reinstall/logout of the app. 

(Frustrating thing is that my tags were previously working perfectly for a few months until I updated the Instagram app).